Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Commerce Website Advice

Hi gang!

I have a client that needs a commerce clothing site that does sales, inventory, emails and newsletters.
    Do any of you have any advice or input on the best / most efficient way to do that?
    Some of you I'm sure have good experience with that.

I appreciate any thoughts!

Default Re: Commerce Website Advice

Here's my advice: use something else. At minimum use WordPress with the various plug-ins necessary. But there are more robust options.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Here's my advice: use something else
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

The only "native" venture for Xara applications is a CMS software solution, including e-commerce: http://www.xt-cms.com/.

There are a range of "plug-ins" that work in Xara but have limitations where Xara outputs fixed height pages: ECWID.

It is possible for a static approach all within Xara using PayPal widgets buttons. Look at Forms with JotForm.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site:www.talkgraphics.com%2F+commerce

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the input Acorn. I've used the papal buttons and JotForm for other projects. I've also browsed through the CMS solution you mentioned. Need to take a closer look at that anyway. Cheers!