I have just created my first website with Xara web designer premium. I based it on the free template that came with the trial version although I am now using the paid-for version.
I noticed that the mobile version of the site has a site menu button that works by hovering rather than clicking. This seems a bit strange to me since smartphones are touch screen devices and hovering doesn't work on them. On my own phone a short press doesn't work and a long press brings up the phone's contextual right click menu. Admittedly, if I close that menu the site menu is open underneath it but I don't find this very user friendly.
I would like to create a menu button for the mobile version of the site, which when clicked, opens the full menu. I have tried to do this by creating a new layer above the mouse-over layer called popup. However, whatever I try, Xara won't let me put a nav bar on this layer, it always defaults and pastes to the Mouse off layer.
So then, having read a bit more, I thought maybe I could undo the soft group that the nav bar actually is, and move the bit currently on the mouse-over layer on to the popup layer. But it won't let me do that either.

I would be very grateful if somebody could tell me the simplest way to create a menu which opens when a single button is clicked on a mobile device. Surely this must be possible?
As an aside, I wonder why this isn't the default design for a mobile nav bar/button?

If you want to check out the site in question, it is here: http://hornerartstudio.com

Thank you in anticipation.