Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi guys,

Trying to create a navbar with rollovers using the new XaraX function. The attached image confirms I am adding URLs into box, but when I export the navbar the rollovers work just fine but all the buttons link to navbar.htm (which is the name of the html file I exported it to)

Anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? The help guide didn't. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi guys,

Trying to create a navbar with rollovers using the new XaraX function. The attached image confirms I am adding URLs into box, but when I export the navbar the rollovers work just fine but all the buttons link to navbar.htm (which is the name of the html file I exported it to)

Anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? The help guide didn't. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Frames in html can sometimes be very confusing. Each frame has a name and you have to referencse the correct name AND your document has to exist to load. Try NOT using frames to confirm your links are working first. Many things can go wrong here so keep looking.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

You've missed the point. Whether I set a target frame or not (in fact I haven't - I'm not using frames, I hate frames) the fact remains that the URLs I have specified in the Web Address dialog are not being exported along with the other html code. All my buttons link to 'navbar.htm' although you can assume from my screenshot that I have assigned a specific URL (not 'navbar.htm') to each button.

It's not working unless there's something new to XaraX that I haven't spotted. It should work like the image map export in Xara2 but on my setup it doesn't.

Anybody shed some light on this
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I don't think I'm missing the point. Your ARE using frames. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] This is the point you fail to accept from my previous message. I don't believe we have a Xara problem here... but hey, I could be mistaken. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Look "cloesly" at your own graphic above and try to understand your settings and you'll see for yourself what I'm saying here. If you specify a target you ARE trying to use Frames whether you want to or not.

If you DON'T want to use frames you have to choose Default - NONE specified! This works fine for me including all the links.

The BEST is good enough!

[This message was edited by ED on December 10, 2000 at 01:33 PM.]
    The BEST is good enough!

I ran into this problem too Big Frank the first couple of times I tried to do this. I think "self" is the correct option to use if you just want the new link to replace the old one on the same page.

As far as the links not being inserted into the html code correctly, I tried using the very careful (and probably overkill) approach as follows:

After the Navbar is complete, stay in the NavBar Tool and select "all states". Press space bar and marquee select the first button. Go to Utilities/Web address (as opposed to right clicking on button) to open the Web address dialogue. Add the address and click on "add". Leave the Web address dialogue open. Again, press spacebar and marquee select the next button as before, and add the address for that button.

Like I said, perhaps it's not necessary to do all this in the Navbar tool, perhaps it's not necessary to have "all states" selected, etc. but this method works for me.

Later,
    Bryan

Ed, I'm sure you don't mean to sound patronising... it just comes out that way.

Just to give you the benefit of the doubt, though, I did what you suggested and (as I fully expected) changing the frame target from _self to Default made absolutely no difference - all the URLs for the buttons say 'navbar.htm'... which they shouldn't since each of them has been assigned a specific target page (not frame)!

Any other comments which could help me sort this out? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

It works fine for me.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!