Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
TomRei, welcome to TalkGraphics. I have kept your link intact as it is a Xara design. Normally, new joiners are blocked from adding links.

You have a lot of external JavaScript files used to implement your carousels. You cannot reduce them only remove the need for them.

You have an animated GIF that is 619kB, which is a large download. As it has a common name across all your pages, it is only slow to initially download. It is also too abrupt in its transitions. To improve your speed, have less on the Home page. Don't animate anything.

The site is well thought out and I like the Deutsche and American sub-site approach.
You need to add the Trip Advices sub-pages to your NavBar.
The footer should be sticky.

Your site takes 4-5 seconds to render the Home page. Aim for 2 seconds and all will be just right.

Acorn
Hi Acorn,
thank you for your fast respons and for keeping the links.

At first i replaced the GIF with a static image, so i can see if this changes anything in the review of google. But the effect is only small. The score goes from 43 to 47 (out of 100).
The tool still told me to optimize the images

Next thing I try next days is to replace the widget in the picture gallery. I think that ist what you mean with carousels! I would prefer another xara widget to show the pictures. Which one would you recommend to speed it up?

Thanks for your suggestions, also. I change this in the next step.

Thomas