Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Test my Site with Google - Render Blocking Java Script

Hello,
    I'm new in this forum. So please be patient.

After designing my Site with Web Designer 12 Premium i've tested my Site with "Test My Site with Google".

It told me that the speed of my site ist poor!

So i tried to follow the explanaitions:

Optimize images
    I optimize the pictures with the Option "Optimize all pictures" with no better result!?! Do i need to optimize the pictures before i use them?

Remove Render Blocking Javascript
    I followed the link: https://developers.google.com/speed/...hts/BlockingJS
    So i take a look at the scipts I implemented myself. Like Google Analytics! At this point i was only able to activate async.
    But if i take a look at the source of the website there is a lot of external javascript.
    Is there a possibility to reduce this?

If you like to take a look at my Site: https://sunshinedreams.house

I'm happy about every hint to speed up my Site!

Thanks.

TomRei

Default Re: Test my Site with Google - Render Blocking Java Script

Quote Originally Posted by TomRei View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new in this forum. So please be patient.

After designing my Site with Web Designer 12 Premium i've tested my Site with "Test My Site with Google".

It told me that the speed of my site ist poor!

So i tried to follow the explanaitions:

Optimize images
    I optimize the pictures with the Option "Optimize all pictures" with no better result!?! Do i need to optimize the pictures before i use them?

Remove Render Blocking Javascript
    I followed the link: https://developers.google.com/speed/...hts/BlockingJS
    So i take a look at the scipts I implemented myself. Like Google Analytics! At this point i was only able to activate async.
    But if i take a look at the source of the website there is a lot of external javascript.
    Is there a possibility to reduce this?

If you like to take a look at my Site: https://sunshinedreams.house

I'm happy about every hint to speed up my Site!

Thanks.

TomRei
    TomRei, welcome to TalkGraphics. I have kept your link intact as it is a Xara design. Normally, new joiners are blocked from adding links.

You have a lot of external JavaScript files used to implement your carousels. You cannot reduce them only remove the need for them.

You have an animated GIF that is 619kB, which is a large download. As it has a common name across all your pages, it is only slow to initially download. It is also too abrupt in its transitions. To improve your speed, have less on the Home page. Don't animate anything.

The site is well thought out and I like the Deutsche and American sub-site approach.
    You need to add the Trip Advices sub-pages to your NavBar.
    The footer should be sticky.

Your site takes 4-5 seconds to render the Home page. Aim for 2 seconds and all will be just right.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TG Tom.

I'd scrap the animated gif all together. gifs are limited to 256 colours and I think this shows in your gif, giving the images poor quality. 619Kbs is far to large for the mobile version.

Try using one of Xara's slideshows instead.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    TomRei, welcome to TalkGraphics. I have kept your link intact as it is a Xara design. Normally, new joiners are blocked from adding links.

You have a lot of external JavaScript files used to implement your carousels. You cannot reduce them only remove the need for them.

You have an animated GIF that is 619kB, which is a large download. As it has a common name across all your pages, it is only slow to initially download. It is also too abrupt in its transitions. To improve your speed, have less on the Home page. Don't animate anything.

The site is well thought out and I like the Deutsche and American sub-site approach.
    You need to add the Trip Advices sub-pages to your NavBar.
    The footer should be sticky.

Your site takes 4-5 seconds to render the Home page. Aim for 2 seconds and all will be just right.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,
    thank you for your fast respons and for keeping the links.

At first i replaced the GIF with a static image, so i can see if this changes anything in the review of google. But the effect is only small. The score goes from 43 to 47 (out of 100).
    The tool still told me to optimize the images

Next thing I try next days is to replace the widget in the picture gallery. I think that ist what you mean with carousels! I would prefer another xara widget to show the pictures. Which one would you recommend to speed it up?

Thanks for your suggestions, also. I change this in the next step.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TG Tom.

I'd scrap the animated gif all together. gifs are limited to 256 colours and I think this shows in your gif, giving the images poor quality. 619Kbs is far to large for the mobile version.

Try using one of Xara's slideshows instead.
    Hi Egg Branhill,

thanks for your reply.

As I told Acorn I've relplaced the GIF completely with only an minimal effect.

I've also tried to replace it with a XARA Slideshow Widget, but then I have no effect in the speed.