Question Wide Style SlideShow

In the John James Blank Template
    How do I add a full screen slideshow 1900 x 720
    Using Designer Pro X
    Is there a templete?

Gary

Default Re: Wide Style SlideShow

Welcome to TalkGraphics

What application did you use to create the slide show?

My experience with some slide shows, for example Visual Slideshow and WOW Slider is they generate an HTML index page and usually a few folders such as DATA (the images) and ENGINE (the slideshow files).

To add these to Designer Pro or Web Designer, I create a placeholder rectangle the dimensions of the tallest and widest image. A place holder is a simple rectangle or other shape into which you paste script and which then inserts the script into the HTML document.

The index.html document created by the slide show application contains a section in the HEAD and in the BODY which I copy and paste into the placeholder HEAD and BODY sections. (See Xara Help > Placeholder Objects for more detailed explanation)

Then the DATA and ENGINE folders need to be uploaded to the web hosts root directory for your site.

Still looking to add a full screen slider 1900 x 720
    John James Blank Template

Hi Gary 1, is this what you are looking for? (see attachment) I used the Xara slideshow widget (from components in the design gallery) and changed the widget size to 1900 X 720px I did this using Xara web designer 365 premium however I presume you can do the same with Designer pro X, but not sure. Forgot to mention, if you have never used this widget you will need to log in to Xara to get it. Also there are other animations and behaviors to choose from. The widget should also be centered on the page, I forgot to do that before saving.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roly; 24 October 2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added comment about logging in

Hi Gary1,

How do I add a full screen slideshow 1900 x 720
    Why do you consider 1900 as full screen?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Roly

Thank you very much!
    Instead of setting the width and height to 1900 x 720 using the widget.
    I tried sticky properties and full width.
    Thank You

Gary1

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1 View Post
    Roly

Thank you very much!
    Instead of setting the width and height to 1900 x 720 using the widget.
    I tried sticky properties and full width.
    Thank You

Gary1
    Hi Gary 1, did you apply a sticky and full width to a static image or to the slider? My understanding is that you canot apply a full width to a placeholder ( Xara slideshow widget)

Ciao

Roly

That's were I went wrong
    I have it all working except the navigation arrow on each side of the widget isn't showing up.
    Any ideal why and what do I need to do fix the problem

Gary1

Hi Gary 1, I believe it's because the picture is 1900px wide (but not sure, perhaps someone else could explain why). Look at the new attachment, you will notice that the picture is 780 X304px and you will get a full page stretch by adding the following code that was provided by Siran some months ago. Give a name to the widget in your website as shown below along with copying the code that is in the page HTML code (head) in my widget. If the name is not legible here it is, htmlclass=xw_stretch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coding for john james.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	114798

What you should end up with is a slider that is full page. Let us know how you made out.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roly; 25 October 2016 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Added clarification