Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Variant Pages Blank

Can anyone think why tablet and mobile variants should appear blank?

I'm using WD Premium 365 and have until now had no problem with variants but although the content appears to be fine on all variants, when I publish the site the tablet and mobile variants appear completely blank. I've even started afresh with a new site and copied over all content from the previous one but to no avail. I've also tried MS Edge and Chrome but there's no difference in the result.

Default Re: Variant Pages Blank

Hard to tell without a look at it. But similar problems can be caused by placeholders that contain invalid HTML, for example with missing closing tags.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Hard to tell without a look at it. But similar problems can be caused by placeholders that contain invalid HTML, for example with missing closing tags.
    I've tried removing all of the content on the variant and replacing it with a simple circle i.e. with no placeholders but it still doesn't show.

Again without a link it's hard to say but my guess would be the content on the variant is not within the page linits but offset outside.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The corruption doesn't have to be caused on the variant that shows the problem. It may be a corruption on the main variant.
    An example file really would help.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    The corruption doesn't have to be caused on the variant that shows the problem. It may be a corruption on the main variant.
    An example file really would help.
    Wasn't sure if attachments were allowed but here is the file causing the problem
    Attached Files Attached Files

I took a quick look at your file and noticed that the pages of the mobile variant are largely empty. You must have somehow inadvertently deleted their contents. You might want to check File/Open recent/Backups to see if you still have an older version with the content still intact. Otherwise you will have to, again, share the page elements across the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I took a quick look at your file and noticed that the pages of the mobile variant are largely empty. You must have somehow inadvertently deleted their contents. You might want to check File/Open recent/Backups to see if you still have an older version with the content still intact. Otherwise you will have to, again, share the page elements across the variants.
    Yes that's because I've been working on it to try and fix it. At the moment there's only a single image on it but as soon as I realised even this one image wouldn't show on the variant there didn't seem to be much point sharing other content.

Hi Steve, I believe the problem lays with the many js and googleAds placeholders. I've removed them all from all the layers and the content shows on the mobile version. See attached. I believe there's a conflict between the js and googleAd placeholders. I think you'll need to recreate these on the variant using different code or something.

Hopefully Acorn or siran can explain further, not my area I'm afraid.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

There had been two problems.
    One placeholder had an additional <p> tag without a closing tag.
    one placeholder was missing a > at the end.