Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Xara Slideshow widget

How does this thing work?
    I add it to the web page and it opens up with options to add pictures etc.
    I then start a new slideshow and go to Manage Photos. I then drag and drop a picture onto the place holder. This fills the page in the new window. I can't see anything else to do from here. There's no option to add more photo's and if I drag and drop another onto the page it just replaces the one that was on there already.

I have a few dozen photo's and I really want a decent slideshow but can't get my head aroiund this one.
    Any ideas would be welcome.

Default Re: New Xara Slideshow widget

Hi Lynnzer,

This slideshow is different to the others. The other slidershows all work from within Xara, this slideshow actually opens a window to the website hosting the slideshow. For this slideshow you can't drag and drop photos in, you need to use the + on the Manage Photo tab.

Thanks,
    Ben

Default Re: New Xara Slideshow widget

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi Lynnzer,

This slideshow is different to the others. The other slidershows all work from within Xara, this slideshow actually opens a window to the website hosting the slideshow. For this slideshow you can't drag and drop photos in, you need to use the + on the Manage Photo tab.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Thanks Ben.
    So if, for instance, I place the photo's into a folder on my own site will that do the trick. I'm guessing I need to somehow make a slideshow then put that into a folder on my website though. If that's the case what format is it to be in? So little info on this new slideshow from Xara as far as I can see.

Seems unduly complicated to be honest
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ah. Just found the bottom buttons that allow me to "insert" "cancel" or "help"
    The page was opening too deep so it was obscuring them on my bottom task bar.
    Trying it again now.