Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
I remember playing around with C4D back in the day, and it was nice as well... and for quick, not quite as realistic renders, but to give one a good quick glimpse, or a quick web design pic, there was always the good ole true space 3.2... ah, this all brings back fond memories :) Pretty much retired now, so some renders might be in order... haha... still play around some with Wings 3D so stay tuned... have to drag out of the cob webs these fine tools of yesteryear ;)
Hi gidget!

C4D went into subscription; I stopped at version 19 as a result! It's a very, very robust modeling and animation tool, but it's rendering engine has never been photorealistic. The remedy is to buy a video card-intensive rendering engine such as Arnold or Octane, both a financial kick in the pants.

If you're rendering stills and not animations, you can use FBX as an export format and then import to something like Maxwell Render. I use an older version of modo solely as a rendering engine.

I've never tried Blender, but I still use Carerra for rendering speed of an interior background I'm going to blur later anyhow—don't care about the p0hotorealism.

It's pretty stupid for trueSpace to be sold to Microsoft years ago, because they are notorious for ruining a program and then either giving it away, or deep-sixing it.Altamira Composer, Impressionist, Expressions, dead all dead in development.

I still use version 3 once in a while because it's very easy to pull a fast, decent animation.

FWIW,

Name:  Cheers-box.gif
Views: 1013
Size:  9.4 KB

Gary