Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Built in Form (Not third party)

Would love a built in native Xara form instead of using other peoples widgets

Default Re: Built in Form (Not third party)

+1. I do think Xara's philosophy for things like widgets where there are some really good solutions already available, is to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    +1. I do think Xara's philosophy for things like widgets where there are some really good solutions already available, is to avoid reinventing the wheel.
    Yeah agreed but a built in form would be much better to implement than using 3rd part but of course more load for Xara if they use their own servers to process the form

Hi,
    If you do a search for forms you can get some scripts that are customizeable and can be
    added to the Xara design in a placeholder...some are js sripts some php that require php modules installed
    I have one somewhere if I find it I will post it
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    If you do a search for forms you can get some scripts that are customizeable and can be
    added to the Xara design in a placeholder...some are js sripts some php that require php modules installed
    I have one somewhere if I find it I will post it
    Jim
    Thanks but you still need to set up a way to get the results of the form. When I used Serif WebPlus they hosted the form themselves and processed and sent you the data to an email address with no limits on data.

The problem with the way Xara handles hosted data is that you'll lose editing access, as soon as you
    let the contract run out – as also the case with the inbuilt Photo-Slideshow Widget. While I dislike those
    3rd party services for forms, Xara's approach ain't nice either.

Hi Gary,

I've seen you in a couple of conversations regarding this topic. I've tried 3 of the widgets Xara recommends and in all 3 cases, I am unable to see my full form. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmarquette View Post
    Hi Gary,
    I've seen you in a couple of conversations regarding this topic. I've tried 3 of the widgets Xara recommends and in all 3 cases, I am unable to see my full form. Any advice?
    Resize the Widget area,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Resize the Widget area,
    Acorn
    I've tried. It just makes the text blocks I can see spread out more. Doesn't show me more of the form.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmarquette View Post
    I've tried. It just makes the text blocks I can see spread out more. Doesn't show me more of the form.
    In web Properties > Placeholder, tick the re-generate checkbox and click Apply, then resize.

Xara has a design mode that will now show changes when resized. When you preview the fuller form will also show.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat