Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xara X11 crashed hard

hello:

I was attempting to save my files for a site and I received a message that Xara had encountered a serious error and could not save the files. after I exited out of the program I looked at my growth_website.xar file and it was only 66k in size and before it was about 17megs. I renamed the directory and went to the day before backup (which had published fine) and opened the xar file with no problem. then I attempted to upload it and kept getting an error "ftp timeout". I looked up all that I could in the forum, but nothing was applicable to my situation. I have another site which uploaded great a few days ago and now it faces the same problem. I went to the isp control centre and was able to log in from there and see the files. subsequent to that I downloaded filezilla and it was able to look at the ftp site as well.

would purchasing the xara365 fix my problem? I'm in a bit of a pinch here to get this site published so any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance!!

ed

Default Re: xara X11 crashed hard

Go to File > Open Recent > Backups and search for your most recent backups. You may not have lost more than a half hours work.

hello again:

I'm totally lost here. I just upgraded to Xara 365 and still have the exact same problem. absolutely nothing happens when I try to upload ftp files and I get a time out error. I have tried backups and different sites and their backups which all worked prior. one thing that I did note is that the information bar at the bottom displays "no objects selected" whereas when it was working it showed the progress of exporting etc.

thanks for the help!!

ed

hi gwpriester:

thank you for your reply! the backups have the same ftp timeout error.

I'm pretty sure it is within Xara as I can't get known working files that I backed up manually to upload either. my email crashed around the time I upgraded to x11 so I no longer have the password. I am willing to upgrade to xara365 if that will get me going.

thanks again!!

ed
    Last edited by eeetee; 14 October 2016 at 07:36 PM.

365 won't help if the file and the backups are corrupted. But contact Xara. Sometimes they can fix a corrupted file. http://support.xara.com

hi and thanks again!

I will contact them for sure. I just can't see how all of my files could be corrupted. they are on different drives and not associated with ach other. I am able to open the index.htm file on the computer and will try to upload with the filezilla program.

thanks again!

have a great weekend!