Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Links transparent pages.

So I found and effect I want to use, well I don't know if it's an effect or not but I want one of my sites to do this. It's where you have a background and the background doesn't change but the linked pages are clear when you click on the link at the top of the page, and the page scrolls down with colors and words on top of the landing page background. Here's the site that I saw. I want to know how I can make this happen in Xara?

http://www.wix.com/website-template/...ic&metaSiteId=

Default Re: Links transparent pages.

Yes Iggy, I think you could use a supersite to do this. I'll get back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Closest I can get at present. It might look better loaded into a placeholder so the menu doesn't scroll with the site.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Morning Egg

This is a really different format, which I really like.

Any chance you could share the Xara file please?

Cheers nobbyy, I liked it as well. I'm off to bed now (6am)! Will post the xar on Saturday
    Egg

Night Night! LOL

Look forward to seeing the file - thank you!

Couldn't sleep !!!

I forgotten how to create a transparent gif with black outline. When I tried it kept producing one with white fringes, hence the need for the face in the background. I'll persevere.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Thanks for this EB. Have you looked at this in a browser or two? Is there a browser that works best with the way you have set this up? The files you created work fine until I scroll the page then after I scroll it's all messed up. Is there anyway to get this affect where a clear page with what ever you want on it just scrolls over top of the landing page? Here's my first page. I want the other pages to scroll over top of this with one page having video widgets, and the other page having music player widgets.samurailanding.xar

Whoops! Never noticed that, the backgound image moves from the centre to the left !!!

Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Thanks again EB. So basically I have to animate the object right? So If I put two or three music players on the page, I have to put them in a group and then animate the singular object to scroll in over the page, write?