Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I noticed that the other forums did not have ANYTHING political to say this week, so I'll just assume that artists have passions that are outspoken and diverse to the point where we could have our OWN war right here on the 3D forum.

But that's not what draws us here, is it? It's the kinsmanship that everyone from Earl to Klaus to Sharon to Stu to Panfer feel.

Okay, Stu, because you have not submitted a model for the second (September)BAP competition, would you please be the judge? If you want to hustle in something today, Erik will you volunteer?

I have an idea for a group project; you guys tell me whether this can fly or not. I suggest that each of a number of us collectively build a model. Example: I will supply the paths in Illustrator format, someone else will do the sculpting, someone else can refine the sculpting of they have the same program, someone else takes the work and lights it, we have a background creator and a cameraman...is thi making sense?

See the picture attached. We have a wind-up robot's parts, and there's what it looks like after sculpting it. But it needs far more, doesn't it?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	18186  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

...probably because it is similar to what came first in my mind when I read about the project. "My" idea was a brand new robot getting out of the box, immediately meeting an "old" similar robot (perhaps they are brothers?). Then we would have new shiny textures for the new robot, and old "scratchy" textures for the old one. It would be an indoor scenery.

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Hey--

Sharon,

You couild easily help by modeling books or trees or something that can be used as a foreground environment for the droid in DREAM, and then pass it off to Mark in DXF or OBJ format.

Ross and Steve---TexturExperts! Why not coordinate with Sharon on what textures she will need for foreground objects.

We also need BRAINWORK ! What goes into this scene? Earl will need to know that! Kiwi, can you "ride herd" ove the making of a collaborative effort, just like they do at ILM and PIXAR. What is the point of the robot? Does the scene need a child's hand reaching in to pick it up? Is the droid doomed to fall off a tabletop? Is is shiney or eroded, and what in the scene would indicate how it got that way!

THINK "STORY" folks, and don't be afraid to talk to one another. This might seem like a nice, goof-around exercise, but it is not! It's practicing to fit into a group of modelers and animators like in the real world! We should learn here how to cooperate to make a kick-ass image.

OR...ya want this to be an animation? Let's keep thinking as we progress.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Although I do not want to hinder indep[endent creative process(es), Mark, I'm attaching a DXF of the robot I bulit...to give you IDEAS, AND NOT to crimp your imagination or direct you, okay?

Please glean what you can, and probably put a stupid decal of dials and knobs on his chest or something, no?

It's a toy robot, and we don't know what it is doing 'cause no one has volunteered that yet.

Perhaps he's coming out of a box. In which case Ross and Steve whould need to design the box (probably use XARA)?

This is WIDE OPEN, folks. Contribute, contribute. First prize is a trip to PIXAR (I'm kidding, but you know the kind of spirit I mean

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Ross I dont think anyone will have a problem with that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Ya cool idea Paul!
    And that will also generate more jobs for those wishing to do the textures.

Great!

Gary I put a toothbrush in the modelling comp ages ago.....I think?......maybe you should check coz maybe I didnt then.....I could have sworn Mark and I had a conversatoin on the fact that the bristles could also be used as buildings with tweaking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

You can count on me, to do what I can [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am going camping this weekend, so I will not be back till Monday,

--Randy

I noticed that the other forums did not have ANYTHING political to say this week, so I'll just assume that artists have passions that are outspoken and diverse to the point where we could have our OWN war right here on the 3D forum.

But that's not what draws us here, is it? It's the kinsmanship that everyone from Earl to Klaus to Sharon to Stu to Panfer feel.

Okay, Stu, because you have not submitted a model for the second (September)BAP competition, would you please be the judge? If you want to hustle in something today, Erik will you volunteer?

I have an idea for a group project; you guys tell me whether this can fly or not. I suggest that each of a number of us collectively build a model. Example: I will supply the paths in Illustrator format, someone else will do the sculpting, someone else can refine the sculpting of they have the same program, someone else takes the work and lights it, we have a background creator and a cameraman...is thi making sense?

See the picture attached. We have a wind-up robot's parts, and there's what it looks like after sculpting it. But it needs far more, doesn't it?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Ok lets go with a robot walking in the desert. He is creaking along, been without oil or a battery recharge for days. He is starting to hallucinate. He seeing visions of an oaisis, with a beatifull female robots serving him tall cool glasses of oil. And he is sitting in a lounge chair that is actually a recharging device.
    etc..etc..

--Randy