Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I noticed that the other forums did not have ANYTHING political to say this week, so I'll just assume that artists have passions that are outspoken and diverse to the point where we could have our OWN war right here on the 3D forum.

But that's not what draws us here, is it? It's the kinsmanship that everyone from Earl to Klaus to Sharon to Stu to Panfer feel.

Okay, Stu, because you have not submitted a model for the second (September)BAP competition, would you please be the judge? If you want to hustle in something today, Erik will you volunteer?

I have an idea for a group project; you guys tell me whether this can fly or not. I suggest that each of a number of us collectively build a model. Example: I will supply the paths in Illustrator format, someone else will do the sculpting, someone else can refine the sculpting of they have the same program, someone else takes the work and lights it, we have a background creator and a cameraman...is thi making sense?

See the picture attached. We have a wind-up robot's parts, and there's what it looks like after sculpting it. But it needs far more, doesn't it?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	18186  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I noticed that the other forums did not have ANYTHING political to say this week, so I'll just assume that artists have passions that are outspoken and diverse to the point where we could have our OWN war right here on the 3D forum.

But that's not what draws us here, is it? It's the kinsmanship that everyone from Earl to Klaus to Sharon to Stu to Panfer feel.

Okay, Stu, because you have not submitted a model for the second (September)BAP competition, would you please be the judge? If you want to hustle in something today, Erik will you volunteer?

I have an idea for a group project; you guys tell me whether this can fly or not. I suggest that each of a number of us collectively build a model. Example: I will supply the paths in Illustrator format, someone else will do the sculpting, someone else can refine the sculpting of they have the same program, someone else takes the work and lights it, we have a background creator and a cameraman...is thi making sense?

See the picture attached. We have a wind-up robot's parts, and there's what it looks like after sculpting it. But it needs far more, doesn't it?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

You can count on me, to do what I can [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am going camping this weekend, so I will not be back till Monday,

--Randy

Gang--

Please tell me what you think would be your area of expertise on this group thing. I'd like to start by contributing the paths for the little wind-up toy.

Sculpting it will probably be the hardest thing. It's not as easy as it looks.

I will post the paths once we have a volunteer to sculpt the thing.

Jens? Stu? Do I hear a "yay" anywhere?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Very noble idea Gary. I'm all for it. The only problem I see is getting all our different programs to talk to each other without grief.

I wouldn't mind being in charge of final rendering/lighting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Terrific, Earl.

You'll do the lighting. I think we should try to work in the OBJ format, as most programs accept this format.

So you're on lighting. We need a SCULPTOR now!

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Gary I put a toothbrush in the modelling comp ages ago.....I think?......maybe you should check coz maybe I didnt then.....I could have sworn Mark and I had a conversatoin on the fact that the bristles could also be used as buildings with tweaking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

I found it

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...1481938562&p=2

I was beginning to wonder if I was completely wheeeep paaaarp whine ahooogah losing it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ,glad to see I am not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stu.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

As a non-modelling follower of this forum - can I contribute a texture or two?? I'd like to help.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross I dont think anyone will have a problem with that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.