Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara for ecommerce ?.,...

Xara Web Designer not really much cop for getting an ecommerce site up,...

I find the Widgets all but useless,..

Anyone recommend a better Desktop Stand alone package that I can create a web shop then FTP to my own hosting provider.

Last shop online I had I used Actinic,. fairly straight forward with FTP provision,. but Monthly tariff got too much, so looking to use a 'bought' package.

Cheers Tee

Default Re: Xara for ecommerce ?.,...

Quote Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
    Xara Web Designer not really much cop for getting an ecommerce site up,...

I find the Widgets all but useless,..

Anyone recommend a better Desktop Stand alone package that I can create a web shop then FTP to my own hosting provider.

Last shop online I had I used Actinic,. fairly straight forward with FTP provision,. but Monthly tariff got too much, so looking to use a 'bought' package.

Cheers Tee
    Tee, welcome to TalkGraphics. Xara produces static web pages so you won't get far unless you include eCommerce packages that can be attached as IFRAMEs (a.k.a. Placeholders a.k.a. Widgets). Try googling "site:www.talkgraphics.com /e commerce". Perhaps this will help you in your necessary research.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara for ecommerce ?.,...

Hi TeeCee, look at the following link, perhaps it will help if you want to use ECWID, http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...WID-e-commerce You can have it either on your website or directly from their website. Both methods work well,

Ciao

Roly