Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default fonts are incorrect and link does not work

hello:

I am having some very strange things happen on my site. I set some fonts to specific sizes and they view great within the zara preview site tool. when I upload them to the website they are completely different than with preview. I thought to try a blank page and go from there and created a drop down menu for the navigation bar. again this works great in preview, but it does not link to the new page on the site. one thing I noticed is there is a message at the lower left hand corner that reads "1 Navigation Bar on 2 layers"

any help greatly appreciated!

thank in advance!

ed

Default Re: fonts are incorrect and link does not work

If your fonts are not web safe or Google fonts, they may not embed in the site and you are seeing what your browser thinks is the closest match.

The Web Safe fonts at the top of the Fonts drop down and the fonts in the Google fonts area below the Web Safe fonts will embed in the document and should display the actual fonts.

One other thing that can cause problems is if you have set the fonts option in your browser to make text larger.

So, what fonts are you using? And have you modified the default font size in your browser?

hi gwpriester:

thank you for your reply! I went to my browser to check font settings and saw the compatibility option. added the site to it and all is well. I was just using arial from within Xara. what could I have done to require adding to the compatibility option? I did not (knowingly) change any font options.

thank you again!

ed

Well is everything OK now? I was just taking a shot in the dark.

hi gwpriester:

yes, after I switched to compatibility mode in internet explorer everything is fine. i'll remember to try a different browser next time. thanks for your help!

ed