Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can i put a banking app on the web site

I run a Club web site and I was wondering if I could put a banking app onto the web site so member can pay the subscriptions and yearly fees as and when necessary.
    If so would it cost the club anything do do this and how secure is it.

Steve

Default Re: Can i put a banking app on the web site

Hi Steve

I would suggest using PayPal. It is very versatile, especially for something like club dues, and donations. It is free and you only pay a small percent per transaction. And best of all you do not need a merchant account. Although PayPal likes people to use their PayPal account when paying bills, users can also opt to use a major credit card.

There is a PayPal widget included with most Xara applications.

Agreed. The payment-online business marketeers would have you believe it needs to be complicated but it actually is not. I have used full banking/gateway/shopping cart systems since late '90s (did I actually write that?) and PPal works just fine with none of the legal, monthly hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Agreed. The payment-online business marketeers would have you believe it needs to be complicated but it actually is not. I have used full banking/gateway/shopping cart systems since late '90s (did I actually write that?) and PPal works just fine with none of the legal, monthly hassle.
    Thanks guys,
    very helpful, will try that.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Homecomp View Post
    Thanks guys,
    very helpful, will try that.

Steve
    Hi Again,
    This is now the complicated part......I've found where Xara have hidden the Apps and decided on a Subscribe button with drop down menus for different fees members can select.
    What I am not sure about is how to get the button to work.
    I have used the organisers email address for payment as he looks after the funds.... I assume he will have to have a PayPal account as well.
    Does he have to have a PayPal Business account as it suggests in the PayPal blurb of how to install the icon onto the web page?

Thanks

Steve