Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
Hi Munenushi and welcome to the forum. I don't have X3D installed on my PC at this time, but I don't really see what you want.
In the enclosed png I've made some 3D text using the tool that comes with Xara Photo & Graphic Designer.
If you take away the sides you are just left with the front face - or am I missing something?
Cutting out the 3D sides of the text whilst leaving just an outline would require a lot of work, even for just a small amount of text.
transparency in X3D is achieved by exporting the 3D text with an Alpha channel, but this makes the text export without a background rather than with a visible white rectangle behind it. So I suppose the answer is No.
Bob.
Greetings Bob,

Thanks for your informative reply! What I meant was partial transparency (Opacity is the term, sorry) on the sides or on the front - I made some 3D Text with transparent (see-through) sides and front in a different program below - but I would like to create 3D Text in Xara3D, it seems much faster at beginning the process of using a 3D mesh:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Text  black and white with transparency.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	114585

If not, that is too bad... Perhaps I will put it in some kind of "Suggestion Box" for Xara...