Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is this possible in Xara WD365/12?

Here's a site with some interesting parallax and sliding/revealing type animation going on.

http://www.deltafitouts.com.au/

Parallax I can do, but what about that sliding 'wipe' effect that has two pictures in the same place, being revealed as you scroll?

It's pretty cool!

Anyone? Egg?!!

Default Re: Is this possible in Xara WD365/12?

Not Egg here, but. The photo is static and everything else moves. So the photo needs to be on the Background layer and the Pasteboard Background set to Fixed. I did something similar here http://collector-vehicle-appraisals-of-newmexico.com/ The car graphic is on the Background Layer and everything scrolls over that image.

I think something more is going on here than just a static background picture. There are two 'static' graphics and two 'static' pictures in the background and there seems to be some parallax effect going on. It gives a nice effect but I can't quite figure out how it's created.

Hi Ian, your question got me to play around to recreate the sample you gave. This is not perfect but I think it is doable with Xara. I am using Xara web designer 365 premium. I put the worksheet at 10% zoom so that you can see the overall picture. Look at the attachment. I did not try to match the picture sizes to the ones in your example, so the effect is a little different. The triangle has a scroll animation (it's in reverse from what you have, right to left instead of left to right) but that can be changed. The 2 middle pictures have the parallax animation.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not Egg here, but. The photo is static and everything else moves. So the photo needs to be on the Background layer and the Pasteboard Background set to Fixed. I did something similar here http://collector-vehicle-appraisals-of-newmexico.com/ The car graphic is on the Background Layer and everything scrolls over that image.
    Hi Gary, yeah I'm still playing with this. I tried the way you suggested but I cannot get the 2nd picture (counter with microwave) to show up the way it is in Ian's example, so you will see in the attached that I had to add a parallax to the 2nd picture to get it to move but the total look is not the same. What am I missing?

Hi Ian, I'm convinced there must be a way, the impossible usually takes a little bit longer.

Ciao

Roly

Hi Roly, the fixed image being revealed from the bottom up has been bugging me for days. I can get the bottom image to reveal but I just can't get the top image to work at all. Here's the progress so far.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi guys, I'm up to v8, that's enough tomato juice for a day. I'm still using a parallax because I have no other solutions. I think it's a bit better than v7, but no way near as clean as Ian's example. Egg I played with your example but I have nothing more to add.

Ciao

Roly

Hi guys, no more parallax, getting closer. Time for some shut eye. See attachment.

Ciao

Roly

Sterling effort, gentlemen!

The perplexing thing is those images in the middle of the page. It's like those 'before/after' images where you slide the line across the two images to reveal one and hide the other.

Here's an example.

http://thenewcode.com/819/A-Before-A...ntrol-in-HTML5

Except here, it is happening with the page scroll - which I think is clever and looks real cool!

Perhaps the above example sheds a clue?