Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing Sites into Web Designer

Hello

My hard drive crashed and lost everything, got a new hard drive but lost the original file so looking for a way to get the online site into WD in the correct format. Importing from web address brings the site into the software with things missing and all over the place so structure not there.

Hoping for any help on this.

Thank you

Default Re: Importing Sites into Web Designer

Sorry to hear about your hard drive.

The only way to bring a site into WD is to open the .WEB or .XAR files unfortunately. Import from Web will being the visible content for a page into WD or Designer Pro X but Xara is not an HTML editor. So I'm afraid you have your work cut out for you.

LOCKING THE BARN DOOR AFTER THE HORSE HAS BEEN STOLEN DEPT: Always a good idea to back up important files onto another drive or thumb drive. And I am sure from now on you will do this.

Well that was what I was afraid of gwpriester, have to do all sites over again.

Thanks for the philosophy advice also but a little bit late for me.

Sorry to hear your bad news. Consider taking your drive to one of these companies that try to rescue work on crashed drives. If you're talking several sites, it may be worth the cost.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host