Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Contents Local Designs Gallery Gone

Also compared to the three hour wrestling match with windows update this morning, xara was easy peasy.

@Artyboots I think a job load of chocolate cake is in order for me right now too

It has been one of those days

Just a quick note to say that, any files downloaded while the problem was active , may now also get deleted as the program compares them with the (now correct) online checksums. By all accounts, though, it was not possible to download many files while the problem was active so hopefully this will not be an issue for anyone,

Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm sorry about this problem, it was the result of an incomplete server update after a fault on the server (checksum data on the file content which is required by the Local Designs Gallery). I'm sorry I didn't spot this more quickly, it was a bit of a shock to see the effects of this bug if you had a large number of local files. We'll be implementing some remedial steps to prevent this happening again (e.g. a diagnostic check and server documentation update).

The problem appears to be fixed now - please let us know if anything is still not right.

Kind regards,

Marc
    Best fix? A single downloadable file that one can save to the HDD when they purchase the software license.

Here in my case, it is an hours long process that your servers initiated when the local content I had downloaded was removed from my machine.

Start updates, go to regular employment.

Come home, start more updates, go on after hours repair job.

Return home, start more updates, go to bed.

Even if you had a single "Download All" button - one that actually downloaded all of the content with only one click - that would help. Unfortunately, what you have at present doesn't work that way. Tried it several times, but it isn't a "one click and you're done" process.

Takes several hours on my connection to find an then download them all "a little at a time."

Thanks so much for the updates, Marc. Appreciate your openness about this.

Fun fun fun. Got home this evening to get to work on a site ... and lo and behold EVERYTHING I have re-downloaded is GONE AGAIN!

Thank goodness I had saved what was already downloaded to a CD. At least that part won't need to be downloaded again.

Kinda sad to see something like this happening.

Hi Dijenga,

I'm so sorry this happened, I tried to post information about this elsewhere but lost track of which of the threads I was posting to. I'm trying to add a sticky top level thread for this, but haven't managed yet as my account doesn't have permissions ... this info will be coming as soon as I can post it there.

Yes one of the downsides of this server mis-configuration that we only realised rather later is that any downloads made over the period of misconfiguration (roughly thursday to monday) will be redownloaded by the program which will think that the local versions it has are out of date.

You should find that anything that is downloaded now is stored correctly - that's because the 'checksums' of the files will correspond to their online versions (hopefully the sticky post will give the full info on this when I can get it out there).

I'm sorry to have caused you all this extra work, I know how frustrating these kinds of problems can be when you are trying to get things done.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    Fun fun fun. Got home this evening to get to work on a site ... and lo and behold EVERYTHING I have re-downloaded is GONE AGAIN!

Thank goodness I had saved what was already downloaded to a CD. At least that part won't need to be downloaded again.

Kinda sad to see something like this happening.

Is anyone now experiencing problems with files they have downloaded in the last 10 hours being deleted?

This is working correctly for me know, after also experiencing the deletions while the problem was unresolved.

Mine is now working as it should. Thanks.

Seems to work fine now. Thanks Marc.

It's a bit confusing though to have two threads on the subject.