Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Contents Local Designs Gallery Gone

Don't think so Artyboots ... you can click on <File> <New From Content Catalog> and access all of it.

What really gets me is the hours spent downloading the content to my computer ... only to find out that Xara doesn't actually download it to your computer.

Thought I had found another way to access the saved content, only to find that all of the folders were empty. What were they downloading to my computer all that time???

Thoroughly angry, but I'll try to keep it civil here ... even though it is extremely difficult for this half cajun / half NDN to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    What really gets me is the hours spent downloading the content to my computer ... only to find out that Xara doesn't actually download it to your computer.
    The content was downloaded to %appdata%/../local/xara/WebDesignerPremium/12/cache/.

It is possible that you decided to do some Windows spring-cleaning and deleted it; the Xara application hasn't done that but Xara has done something awry and I have flagged it to them.

Once downloaded, you can save onto a DVD or place in some other folder; I would like Xara to then allow easier linking to an off-line Folder other than Disc designs, which adds the items but uses the full Windows pathing.

Acorn

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No. My online content is blank and returning various errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dijenga View Post
    Don't think so Artyboots ... you can click on <File> <New From Content Catalog> and access all of it.

Thought I had found another way to access the saved content, only to find that all of the folders were empty. What were they downloading to my computer all that time???

Thoroughly angry, but I'll try to keep it civil here ... even though it is extremely difficult for this half cajun / half NDN to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Not taking about your on-line content above, I was referring to your computer Cache folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Was replying to Dijenga, Acorn,

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not taking about your on-line content above, I was referring to your computer Cache folder.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Same here. I was just looking at the folders and didn't look inside of them. I copied all folders and moved to a new directory I created in the root directory of my hdd.

Tried to access the content, nothing. Opened the folders, all were empty.

Not a good thing, and sorry I misunderstood your post.

Did you Update ( or create) as Xara after navigating to the new location has to compile a XML document for the references.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Guys, take a look at my first post. Xara did remove all the contents in the Local Designs Gallery that I had downloaded a few months ago. I saw it happening when right-clicking the folders and selecting "Download All" in order to update the contents. At first I didn't quite get what was going on but then discovered that everything was gone and that I had to re-download all of it again.

I don't think it's intentional but, rather, some big glitch that they haven't been able to fix yet.

The lack of clear communication about it all is quite typical of Xara the company, leading to frustration, misunderstandings and even conspiracy theories.

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry about this problem, it was the result of an incomplete server update after a fault on the server (checksum data on the file content which is required by the Local Designs Gallery). I'm sorry I didn't spot this more quickly, it was a bit of a shock to see the effects of this bug if you had a large number of local files. We'll be implementing some remedial steps to prevent this happening again (e.g. a diagnostic check and server documentation update).

The problem appears to be fixed now - please let us know if anything is still not right.

Kind regards,

Marc

Oh Marc, web design wouldn't be the same without the occasional heart-attack. i've given up and come to the garden centre. It's your fault I'm eating chocolate cake right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm sorry about this problem, it was the result of an incomplete server update after a fault on the server (checksum data on the file content which is required by the Local Designs Gallery). I'm sorry I didn't spot this more quickly, it was a bit of a shock to see the effects of this bug if you had a large number of local files. We'll be implementing some remedial steps to prevent this happening again (e.g. a diagnostic check and server documentation update).

The problem appears to be fixed now - please let us know if anything is still not right.

Kind regards,

Marc