Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Contents Local Designs Gallery Gone

A heads-up for the devs. Using XDP 365. When I right-clicked the six folders in the Local Designs Gallery and selected "Download All" in order to update them, all subfolders were removed, leaving only the "+ More online...." messages. For a bit the "Download All" link was missing from the context menu and then reappeared. I just finished downloading all the contents again. With a very high bandwidth, it took something like half an hour to get all websites back in the Local Designs Gallery.

Default Re: Contents Local Designs Gallery Gone

I sent a link to this thread to Xara.

Thanks Gary.

Morning all

I am encountering the same problem, but the 'download all' function does not appear to be doing anything!

What I cant understand is that if I have downloaded the content where has it gone?

No idea why it is not displaying in Xara but your downloads will be snug in %appdata%/../local/xara/xtremepro/12/cache/ or %appdata%/../local/xara/WebDesignerPremium/12/cache/ - input either of these in an MS Explorer window.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear oh dear Dear Xara, we lost Internet connection through a bad DNS entry. Now the Local Designs gallery is up the Swanee.
    Something you've done has remove all links to prior "Download All" actions.
    This forcing me (and others?) to re-download over 2 Gigabytes of data files unnecessarily.

Will this feature magically occur at the time of a renewal alert as well?

Can we please have a fix to ensure that we can point to downloaded media to recover the Local Design gallery templates, widgets and other items that are necessary to keep the application functioning?

Even the download is crashing with missing files.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Affected both Web Designer Premium and Designer 12 365.
    It'll be a total of 8 GB downloading and the Down time of being productive.

I have had the anniversary W10 update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	114552

Acorn

Having the same problems. It worked fine then suddenly in the last few days Content Catalogue won't load, and the local files disappeared and never came back once I cleared the cache. The suggested fix by Xara Ctl Alt J did nothing.

Im getting the same as acorn, re "are you on the net" thing, and also php error messages in the Online Content Catalogue.

Help help help!

Apparently (and I know someone will say I'm jumping the gun, but ... I DON'T CARE) Xara has decided to yank the content. You can only access it online.

I have all the correspondence they and I had before my "subscription" started --- because I was afraid they would pull something like this!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

Off to find something that works AND a company that doesn't go back on their word.

----------------------------------------------------

BTW, it isn't the first time I've had the local design gallery files "disappear" and I'm pretty tired of getting screwed. I had to download all of the content twice before the "anniversary update" came along, so I don't think that is the cause.

It isn't that. I,m subscribed to 365... I think they've accidentally disabled the link to the online content.

Remains to be seen. Have raised ticket. Client v unhappy. Suddenly see the problem. Will make sure I download the content if and when next working.