Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default nivo slide show problems

Hi

I have put a static logo infront of the header slideshow on the index page. On my laptop everything is working great but when checked online this PNG graphic acquires part of the first slide as a background to all the others. How can I stop this happening when I do not see it in the design. Image and website attached.

www.rareharedesign.xara.hosting/index
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCapture1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	114465  

Default Re: nivo slide show problems

Change the export settings for the image. Right click on the image and go to "web properties". Click on the "Image" tab and under"Web Image Type" tick PNG.

cheers for that, so saving as png from photoshop is not enough you have to do it on webdesigner as well?

Web Designer tries to guess the best format to publish the image in what it considers the best option. It doesn't take notice of the original file type. I think this is due to Xara's method of "create bitmap copy" always being png. It's quite simple to force the image type via the method Dijenga mentions above.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi I have done everything as suggested but problem still remains any other suggestions?

Attach your home page Apart from that, delete your index_htm_files folder and republish to ensure you're not loading from cache.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ok will do tomo

Sorry to be slow, but how do I find the index folder to delete?

Hi rarehare, it depends on whether your exporting your site to your local hard drive or to a server. When you publish it creates the following (and perhaps others):
    index.htm
    index_htm_files

in the folder you've chosen.
    Egg

I export to my own hardrive