Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Please

I am producing a new splash page in Flash for one of the websites I've created. I would appreciate some feedback on the speed that it runs on different computers. The Splash page is'nt complete but most graphics are completed. I really want to know how it runs on slower processors.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Egg
    web page
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am producing a new splash page in Flash for one of the websites I've created. I would appreciate some feedback on the speed that it runs on different computers. The Splash page is'nt complete but most graphics are completed. I really want to know how it runs on slower processors.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Egg
    web page
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

it loads and runs surprisingly fast and smooth, given the number of pictures and the size of them.

And even at fullscreen (1280x1024) not the slightest bumpiness.

And it's not even the latest in computers I am using, PIII, 866 Mhz if I am not mistaken ...
    And I am viewing with IE5.5

Hope that helps

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif

P4 - 1,6GHz
    512 DDR - 333Mhz
    Fullscreen-1152x864-32bit

P.S.> Hm.... in this days what exactly meaning slow computers? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] P3??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

I have a new computer with a video card with tons of memory, so it's not easy to judge what Flash runs like on an older computer. (I've still got my old computer but it's u/s at the momment)
    Thanks again for the quick response.
    Egg
    Egg

Athlon 600MHz + 512MB PC100 ECC SDRAM
    GeForce 256 Graphics
    56K Modem

Takes 43 seconds to load completely, but runs perfectly (not held up by download speed) during and after loading! :-)

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

1280 x 1024 - Dell XPS 8200

Animation runs in real time and looks terrific.

The one thing that turns me off about most Flash intros is waiting while the images load. Something I usually get bored doing and move on.

Because your animation loads and plays in real time this is not a problem.

Well done.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

My work computer:

PII 350MHz 128MB
    ATI 8MB Graphics

Took 50 secs to finish downloading, despite faster connection. Perhaps some of the fade-outs have slowed a bit at full res (1152 x 864), but still basically running smoothly!

BTW, I like it a lot!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Peter

Looking at it again, it *does* run faster in smaller windows both at home and at work.

For example, the whole sequence takes 63 secs in an 800 x 600 window at home, but 77 secs at 1152 x 864 full screen mode on the same machine. It appears to be the fades (especially the dissolutions of the tower following 'The Harwich Society' and the house with the galleon) that are taking longer, although everything's still smooth enough!

Peter

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on September 13, 2002 at 08:14.]

... the slowest system I could lay my hands on:

P2 ~400 IE 5.5 128 MB

I can't judge the download speed but it all displayed nicely, except for the ship sailing by - it was unbearably slow. I also agree with Peter's comment about the tower - but ship did it for me - I would have hit the back button (The ship sequence took about 19 seconds (what can I say - I'm impatient.)

Very impressive looking stuff, Egg!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!