Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

First, a tip 'o the hat to Gary & Egg for their kind assistance to this newbie.
    I have tried before to become proficient at graphics design, but have pretty much failed. I have CFS, which affects the staying power of the old gray matter & otherwise maybe I'm just not bright enough. There is more to graphics than understanding mechanics, huh?:~ )
    I am trying to merge two different files, one a .wmf & the other a .jpg. The help file for Xara isn't (for me anyway). How do I make the .wmf file more like wallpaper so the .jpg file stands out? I am trying to make a button or logo to go on my computers, like Dell or Gateway has on the front of their cases.
    I appreciate the shared experience & promise to lend mine when I have some.
    Ed
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Files Attached Files

First, a tip 'o the hat to Gary & Egg for their kind assistance to this newbie.
    I have tried before to become proficient at graphics design, but have pretty much failed. I have CFS, which affects the staying power of the old gray matter & otherwise maybe I'm just not bright enough. There is more to graphics than understanding mechanics, huh?:~ )
    I am trying to merge two different files, one a .wmf & the other a .jpg. The help file for Xara isn't (for me anyway). How do I make the .wmf file more like wallpaper so the .jpg file stands out? I am trying to make a button or logo to go on my computers, like Dell or Gateway has on the front of their cases.
    I appreciate the shared experience & promise to lend mine when I have some.
    Ed
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here is the other file.
    Ed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You don't say which file is which. From the Xara3D forum you are going to construct the text logo in Xara3D. Go into "View / Background texture" and import the compass image. This image will need to be in a .bmp, .gif, .jpg or .png file format. If you have XaraX and the compass file is in .wmf file format, import it into XaraX and then export it as a .png such that you can import it into Xara3D.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	both2.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	6595  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I named the files on the forum where it asks for file name but they didn't show. Sorry.
    The compass is the .wmf file.
    I do have XaraX & will try your suggestion.
    Thanks,
    Ed

Egg, I did as you suggested. When I imported the background picture it displayed as multiples of itself. Why [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I noticed when I uploaded a WMF it showed as an image on my home system. However, when viewing the same thing at work, the file is not displayed.
    So, apparently it is possible to see WMFs. What would I be looking for that would get the image to reveal itself. Rich

Increase the size of the compass.wmf in XaraX and export it again. You will finally get the size you desire.
    Egg

Rich
    Can you explain what your uploading the wmf too?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg!
    You da man.
    Ed