Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy What updates Xara Designer Pro 356?

Why not have an update for Xara Pro 365? After all, many users report problems, bugs and offer different features. When buying software that I will update at least once a month ... as a last resort once a quarter .. I bought the program for a year but it has to be like that update will be very rare ... I guess I'll be looking for another program. Do you know anything about when will update?

Default Re: What updates Xara Designer Pro 356?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have not heard anything. But one is hopeful an update will be coming soon.

Hi jangok, welcome to TG.

Xara Designer Pro X was released on the 4th July 2016. So three months have passed in that time. Xara's site states:

We will regularly publish new features and templates throughout the year
    What constitutes 'regular' is open to debate. Xara Web Designer 365 was released on 13th April 2016 & the first update was released on 4th July 2016, a three month period. Hopefully Xara Designer Pro X should be due an update soon. In my opinion it's the quality of the updates not the quantity that matter. That said, as Xara have changed their policy from the annual update path to the new (and far from perfect) 'regular' update path then the onus is on them to deliver.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"Never buy a Pig in a Poke" as my old mum used to say.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Xara Designer Pro X 12.2.0.45774 DL x64 Jul 1 2016

three months; a quarter of the year; and still 'jam to-morrow'

I didn't upgrade because of the promise of updates 'when available' but I sense there may be disappointment in some quarters if nothing arrives before the six month mark

"I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!" the Queen said. "Two pence a week, and jam every other day."
    Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, "I don't want you to hire me – and I don't care for jam."
    "It's very good jam," said the Queen.
    "Well, I don't want any to-day, at any rate."
    "You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
    "It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.
    "No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."
    "I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!"
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When looking at some of the Design Galleries, I have seen that there has been a note that some sections have been updated. So I think they are doing up dates on the templates and such, we just have not seen a core program update yet.

Ray
    Last edited by RKissane; 06 October 2016 at 02:43 PM.

Hi Ray, I recently mentioned a bug with the ECWID widget and it is fixed. So I guess the Xara team does get informed and make some modifications very quickly. Let's not only criticize Team Xara, let's also give credit when credit is due.

Thanks Team Xara

Ciao

Roly

sure - Xara have always been good at fixing bugs along the way though, eg the issue with the web oriented 'stretch feature' that caused issue for drawing, ; and issues with the art brushes when they first came out

no complaints regarding the Xara team; just think the 365 licence model could be a big disappointment for some....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Ray, I was re-reading my post #7 and want to apologize to you for the way I wrote the post. The statement " Let's not only criticize Team Xara, let's also give credit when credit is due." is not meant for you personally, but a general statement.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ciao

Roly

Roly,

I knew it was a general statement and not directed at me. No apology needed.

Ray