Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Creating your own image sliders within Xara

Gary, have you a url so I can see this on an ios machine?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Gary, have you a url so I can see this on an ios machine?
    Thanks, Egg. Here's an example you can look at: www.wood-net.co.uk/xwd/tgexample. Resizing the window on desktop or viewing on Android will show you the expected behaviour. On iOS, you'll see that only the 940px version of the slider appears, regardless of the screen size (at least that's the behaviour I see on my iPad).

I hope you can help! :-)

I can't see an issue Gary. I don't usually use Safari as my browser on my iPhone & iPad preferring Chrome.
    However I opened you example file in safari & can't see an issue.
    My iPhone shows the 320 (portrait) & 480 (landscape) sliders correctly.
    My iPad shows the 960 (portrait & landscape) sliders correctly.
    Go figure? Are you using the latest version of Safari?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. I've tried both Chrome and Safari and both fail on my iPad. Having said that, I'm using a pretty old iPad (4th gen), so I wonder if you're using iOS 11, and whether that's the difference?

My iPad (can't find the version number) & iPhone 5 are updated to ios 10.3.3, which i believe is the latest version. Try updating
    Egg

I have that version, too...

Egg - please could you try accessing this version from your iPad and tell me if you see the same thing as before? www.wood-net.co.uk/xwd/tgexample2

The difference here is that instead of publishing the the slider with variants, I've published each variant as a separate supersite, so each one contains only one variant. Then, I've changed the iframe source for each of the variants in my main site so that it loads the correct one for that variant. Now, when I view this on iPad it works as expected (and when the iPad is portrait I see the 700px version I was expecting with the version of the site I shared with you earlier...).

Hi Gary, I see the 700 slider in portrait & the 940 slider in landscape. Seems fine to me

Seems like overkill to me however.
    Egg

So what I don't understand is why do you not see the 700px version in the original site that uses variants on the slider? Users of anything other than iOS do...

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    So what I don't understand is why do you not see the 700px version in the original site that uses variants on the slider? Users of anything other than iOS do...
    I suspect it's down to the resolution of your phone Gary. As new devices are manufactured with ever increasing resolutions it's becoming ever more difficult to dictate how your site is presented on each and every device. This is why I stated that I thought your 4 or 5 variants was overkill.
    Egg