Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Creating your own image sliders within Xara

This is only speculating, but maybe your additional media CSS confuses the iOS browser?
    Code:
    <style>
      @media screen and (min-width: 1200px) {#xr_xr {top:0px;}}
      @media screen and (min-width: 940px) and (max-width: 1199px) {#xr_xr {top:0px;}}
      @media screen and (min-width: 700px) and (max-width: 939px) {#xr_xr {top:0px;}}
      @media screen and (min-width: 480px) and (max-width: 699px) {#xr_xr {top:0px;}}
      @media screen and (max-width: 479px) {#xr_xr {top:0px;}}
     </style>
    If I didn't miss someting all this does is forcing the xr_xr element to top. Shouldn't a simple
    Code:
    <style>
    #xr_xr {top:0px !important;}
    </style>
    just do the same? Maybe it is worth a try?

To check if the solution of the linked stackoverflow issue works you could simply add the style information to your iframes and check if it fixes the problem. For example change
    Code:
    <iframe id="hpslide1200" src=hpslider.htm width=1200 height=405 scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>
    to
    Code:
    <iframe id="hpslide1200" src=hpslider.htm width=1200 height=405 scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 style="width: 10px; min-width: 100%; *width: 100%;"></iframe>
    Not that I knew what exactly that should be good for.

Many thanks, Siran. I've tried both of these suggestions but none of them has made any difference. iOS still consistently fails to display the correct variant in iFrames.

I've had to resort to publishing a separate HTML file for each iFrame variant, so that I can be sure it will load the correct version. That's not ideal though, because it makes publishing a hassle. So, if you have any other ideas, please do let me know.

Without an iOS device I have no chance to experiment a little bit. The only advice at the moment would be to create your iframe content as separate pages of a conventional website. That way you would at least be able to make limited use of repeating objects and live copies.