Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Creating your own image sliders within Xara

Yes, just go ahead. Supersites with scale to fit option still allow to have variants.
    Edit: But in that case you would not need the scale to fit option anymore I guess.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If only I'd known it was that easy! :-) Thanks, siran.

One final question: I want to include links on my slider. Problem is, I want them to open in the parent window, not the iframe. Any ideas how I can do that?

In the link properties select "Parent frame" for the "Open link" option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_parent.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	121151  

Thanks again, Siran. All working perfectly now. I've hit one final snag, though: I want two sliders on the same page. What do I need to change about the second slider, and what additional code do I need to add to the header to make this work?

I think you taught me something, siran! I played around with the code and realised that I could rename the iframes, and then just list them all in the code to make them scroll automatically! It's all working perfectly now, just as I wanted it to! :-)

Thank you very much for all your help.

Happy to hear that.

siran - I'm afraid I'm back with another question/problem!

I have set up my sliders, and they are all working fine on everything except iOS devices. On iOS devices, the correct variant of the slider is not chosen: just the first variant is used across all screen sizes. For example, in my slider content file, I've got 3 variants: 960, 700 and 480. On my main site, there are then three iframes, of corresponding sizes. On my PC, Mac and Android phone, the correct variant of the slider appears in the iframe. On iPad, however, the 960 variant appears in all the iframes, regardless of screen size.

I thought I was almost ready to publish! :-( Any ideas how I can get over this final hurdle, please?

I don't have an iOS device to check on and try to find a workaround. Maybe Egg can help?
    I'm afraid you will need to create a separate slider with a matching page size for each IFRAME if nothing else helps.

Thanks, Siran. Fingers crossed Egg can suggest a solution.

A bit more information, from further testing, which may be helpful: the slider HTML file itself does correctly resize when I access it on iOS, to choose the correct version for my browser size. The problem, then, is that it doesn't work when it's in an iframe. It's as though the HTML file in the iframe is insensitive to the browser size.

Siran - I've been doing some more digging whilst I'm waiting to see if Egg can help, and came across this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-in-ios-safari

Not sure I understand all of it, but given your knowledge of coding, I wondered if you could possibly take a quick look and see if you think it's on the right track, please?