Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any idea how to get this effect?

I am trying to get this effect in xara. Where the page scrolls but the background stays in place and you can see it. Can it even be done?

Thank you

http://mrrush101.wixsite.com/website

Default Re: Any idea how to get this effect?

Quote Originally Posted by mrrush101 View Post
    I am trying to get this effect in xara. Where the page scrolls but the background stays in place and you can see it. Can it even be done?
    Thank you
    http://mrrush101.wixsite.com/website
    It can, if you upgrade,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

upgrade meaning x365

I believe Parallax Scroll was added in 365, so yes.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi

Web Designer Premium has a Parallax scroll option though it doesn't work on widgets. For example, I've used a scrolling widget to show photos at the top of the page (example here) then wanted to use parallax to scroll the remainder of the page past the photos but I get an error "Placeholders/widgets cannot have parallax scroll animations applied".

Hi Davo, I like your design. Can you get more specific as to which widget you are having a problem with, also I am assuming you mean the grey box on the restaurant page is where you have your problem. If this is not the case, on which page is the problem?

Ciao

Roly

Roly, it's not a Xara website. Davo linked to it to show what effect he's after -- a slideshow with the parallax animation.

Hi Boy, do not know why you say that it is not a Xara website, look at the attachment using Xara web designer 365. I'm not sure that for example using the Nivo slider is what Davo is looking for as a widget, but I presume he will let us know. This is not 100% as Davo showed in his example, but is getting there, see missing white on left side.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

The white is fixed on the left side, see attachment.

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roly, Boy

Apologies for not making myself clear.

I have been asked to produce a web site and have been given the restaurant site as an example. The request is for the web site have a few photos sliding across the top of the page then have the main body of the page scroll over the photos as the user scrolls down.

I installed the Nivo slider widget so I could have three or four slides sliding in at the top of the page. After setting the widget up with the slides, I right-clicked on the widget, selected Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll tab > Scroll button > selected Parallax > moved the slider and clicked Apply. This is when I get the message "Placeholders/widgets cannot have parallax scroll animations applied".