Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PS plug-ins won't show up in new drop down list

I have Designer Pro X365(64bit). I downloaded the Xero 64bit plug-ins, put them in a folder called Plugins and setup the FX directory to that folder. I restarted the program, selected a shape, clicked on the FX button and hit the new button on the FX bar to show the plug-in list. No new plug-ins are listed.

I got the freebe, Stylism, from Astute Graphics but it doesn't show up either. I was also wondering (if it is even compatible) how to activate a plug-in in Xara.

Default Re: PS plug-ins won't show up in new drop down list

Welcome to TalkGraphics Frank

I usually manually copy and paste the filter into c:/program files/xara/XaraPictureEditor/PSplug-ins (If you are using the 32-bit version then c:/program files (x86)

Stylism is an Adobe Illustrator plug-in.

So illustrator plug-ins are not compatible?
    I also installed a couple of new redfield plug-ins and those do show up in the list but the Xero ones don't.

Illustrator plug-ins use and or expose methods built-in AI, and some extend what Illustrator is cable of via its built-in Javascript support. They are Illustrator only plug-ins.

So the short answer is NO.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The problem with the Xero plugins is with the 64 bit plug ins it seems that Xara programs can only run 32 bit plugins. I've run into this before with other plug ins. If you download and set up the 32 bit plug ins they should work, the older "original Xero plug ins will also work just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances. Exactly what I needed to know.

Success! I noticed that just restarting the app doesn't do it. I also had to redo the "setup" file directory rigamorole for them to show up in the list. I get being able to set a directory for external files but it doesn't make sense that the program can't automatically see it's own file system when new stuff is put in it (eg. .../12/xara picture editor/PS Plug-ins). Anyhow, thanks for the help.