Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brushes need more work

I know I have made this statement quite a few times but could the team not develop the "Shape Painter Tool" to satisfy most of the suggestions made here about the vector output, transparencies, blending modes and the problem with tight corners. OK it's going to be a shape not a line and even with smoothing most times you would have too many nodes. If you use the Shape Painter tool you can also use the Eraser Tool to quickly edit your shape rather than using F4 (Shape tool). That would include most of what Frances would like to see from here from her list.

When I was working for the NHS doing loads of newsletters all with cartoons inside I ended up using AI for the cartoons because I always like to emphasise a varied line thickness to make the drawings look more hand drawn. Then I upgraded to Xara versions 11 and discovered that I could set a calligraphy type brush just by adjusting the angle and roundness settings. - I don't touch the softness settings at all.

About in May this year Gary B had got a thread going about what he would like to see in next version and he did raise the point about calligraphy type vector brushes missing so I pointed what could be achieved by the shape painter tool, pic included here. Like Bob states I am sure that the Xara team can produce simple styles of both calligraphy and grunge brushes maybe using some thing borrowed from the way the team incorporated the shape builder tool into Design Pro. There has been Frances also producing vector brushes and sharing the use of her brushes with all TG members but these are too smooth to look like a hand drawn line done by a pen/pencil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	114475  
    Design is thinking made visual.