Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Circular slide show problems

The Circular slide show thats available (starts with a multicoloured little boy) starts automatically and doesn't stop. Does anybody know how to set a trigger to make it work and a trigger to make it stop?

Thanks

Mike Renshaw

Default Re: Circular slide show problems

Hmmm? I'm sure Acorn or Siran or someone will have a script. I tried putting the slide show on a new layer and created a bitmap image of the first image. A click link (not a mouse over link) links the photo to the new layer. It works except the fist slide takes so long to work that people will be long gone before the show starts. As soon as the visitor clicks a new link the show stops.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What kind of trigger do you mean?
    Here are two examples. One uses buttons with links to execute javascript directly, and one uses a a trigger object.
    Both examples require you to give the slideshow a name to define the ID of the HTML element that Xara creates.
    The button example needs to use the exactly same name within the doublequotes of the link and to place it in the code.
    The trigger object example needs you to define the exact same name for the trigger object but peceeded with cs_trigger_
    Both examples use some javascript at the page head.

Ooops, the stop button didn't work in IE9...

Here's an approach I developed a few years ago: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...281#post516281

It is button-triggered but I never thought to have a stop so it is a one cycle run.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

siran - How hard would it be to have the Stop reload the first image, or could this just be done with # a page reload.

Hi Gary,
    this will slide the first image back and then go to pause.

Hi everybody,

there is an error in button2.xar of post 4, please don't use it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please use this if you do not want to slide back the first picture when pressing the stop button.

Thanks for this but I wanted to click an image and the circular slide show would start. I have put it on a layer so when I click the web page image it opens the layer and the slide show opens on that layer but as gwpriester comments the first slide takes forever before making way for the next image.

Any thoughts

thanks Mike Renshaw

Mike, If you've decided to go Gary's route I suggest giving a hint of what the slideshow is about and rather than a single image use multiple ones in the button, then the visitor doesn't click & see the same image as before. More importantly ensure your button isn't directly below the slider as when the pointer is over the slider it pauses the slider and it doesn't start until the mouse is moved. See attached.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host