Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Audio and Video... Drag and Drop... Not Working Predictably

Have new Web Designer Premium 356 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I am having problems making drag and drop Mp3 and Mp4 Audio+Video files play predictably.

Xara creates its own Java code for audio and video in its placeholders area.

PROBLEM:

1. With Audio: there is NO WAY for me to "NOT LOOP". The music keeps on repeating. Ive tried adding "loop":false, to the code in several places... Doesnt Work. Help.

2. With Video: I drag the html5 .mp4 video file onto the page from windows. Xara creates the placeholder box correctly it seems. Problem is: "SOMETIMES" the video previews correctly in Xaras own preview... But... when I try to export the files as a web site on a USB stick drive...or to the website...the videos WILL NOT play.

The original mp4 video files are copied inside the site files folder OK...

I can sometimes see the play buttons... I just cant hit the play buttons and have it work after export! Sometimes the placeholder shows up...but it WONT play... Sometimes the placeholder is Missing.

Im using Firefox since that might be the best browser "im guessing". I was hoping that html 5 mp4 video might play pretty well on many browsers... UUGH.

Is there a better widget or code that I should use to get a good universal play on many browsers and at different sizes??? Dont mind paying a little.

HERE IS MY BODY CODE that XARA Creates Automatically: For Audio and Video

FOR AUDIO:
    Body <div id="b6dd9948-763c-4a56-8911-175f6b2db1f8"></div>
    Head: <script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/jquery.cookie.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/magix_player.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">$(document).ready(function(){
    var params={"path":"index_htm_files/",
    "playlist":[{title:"17th century music.mp3",
    mp3:"index_htm_files/17th century music.mp3",
    duration:15}],
    "skinType":"flat",
    "skinColor":"darkglow",
    "containerID":"b6dd9948-763c-4a56-8911-175f6b2db1f8",
    "pre":"b6dd9948-763c-4a56-8911-175f6b2db1f8",
    "autoplay":true,
    "showPlaylist":false,
    "activateKeys":false,
    "fileType":"audio"
    };
    mxp.open(params);
    });</script>

FOR VIDEO:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=17th century fly through.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tool tip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp ;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if(!navigator.userAgent.match(/(iPhone|iPod|iPad|Android)/)){document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=17th century fly through.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tool tip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp ;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1\" ");
    document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>");
    }
    document.write("\x3cvideo src=\"index_htm_files/17th century fly through.mp4\" controls width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"/>");
    </script>
    </object>

Thanks for your help to make Xara work

Suzzie
    Last edited by suzzie1234; 22 September 2016 at 10:03 PM.

Default Re: Audio and Video... Drag and Drop... Not Working Predictably

For the audio, if it should be between the parameters set { }, you need to add "playLoop": false, - the comma is needed if it is between two other parameters.
    If it is at the end, it would be , "playLoop": false}

I don't think you need quotes around playLoop, but the capital L is a must.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Audio and Video... Drag and Drop... Not Working Predictably

Acorn,

Hey, Brilliant Mate!! You did it. Absolutely Perfect. Audio Problem Solved!!!

I had never seen the "playLoop":false command before, I just heard of the "loop":false command from the video world... and that one didnt stop the music!

Thank You so much!

On the video, Im beginning to see that maybe the default Xara code inserted for video may be OLD maybe...it looks like its looking for some kind of FLASH downloads and elements? Flash video is pretty much OUT on most platforms these days.

See the code that Xara writes below for a dropped mp4 video clip.

Maybe its doing Flash as a last resort... but im feeding Xara with a pure .mp4 H264 file.

I would love to have Xara just insert the correct universal coding for a generic .mp4 video clip so it would play well on many modern systems. Im beginning to wonder if I might have to use some kind of "custom coding manually placed" each time I want a video that plays well.

Once I find some code that works... is there a way to make Xara use that new code... for when I DROP on new videos???

Thanks again,

Suzzie

XARA Automatically Created Code
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=17th century fly through.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tool tip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp ;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if(!navigator.userAgent.match(/(iPhone|iPod|iPad|Android)/)){document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=17th century fly through.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tool tip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp ;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1\" ");
    document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>");
    }
    document.write("\x3cvideo src=\"index_htm_files/17th century fly through.mp4\" controls width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"/>");
    </script>
    </object>
    Last edited by suzzie1234; 22 September 2016 at 11:54 PM.