Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default override Link Underline?

Hi All,
    say I want text links to be underlined by default but I have reason to override that behavior on a few occasions.
    Is there a quick and easy way to format the link in a way (no decoration...) on the Link Tab in Web Properties
    that this very link shows up without and underline?

I know that one could cheat and force export of that link text as a bitmap – but is there a quick and better way?

Default Re: override Link Underline?

Hang on, I guess I have a solution, even without the override.

Would you like to share your solution so someone else can learn from your experience?

I would add a transparent rectangle over the text and link the rectangle.

Yes there is a better way.

Inscrutibly,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Would you like to share your solution so someone else can learn from your experience?
    Sorry this little idea I had didn't feel exactly like something worth sharing – it's essentially the transparent rectangle thing.
    But I'm still struggling...

Apply a custom text style to your text, in this example I name it BareLinks..

Then go to Website Properties and in the HTML Code (head) paste the css code below..

Code:
    <style>
    .BareLinks a:link, .BareLinks a:visited{
    text-decoration: none;
    }

.BareLinks a:hover, .BareLinks a:active{
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    </style>
    Any links in text that uses that particular style should now have no underline. You could change the hover and active part to show the underline or change the colour if you wanted.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Apply a custom text style to your text, in this example I name it BareLinks.
    Oh nice, thank you xtom!
    I figured that may come along without using this snippet this time, but it's good to know anyway.

Can anybody tell why these two button mouseovers behave differently?
    I'm pretty sure I built them the same way, but at some point one probably can't spot the
    obvious any more.The one on the right-hand side with its unstable highlight "feels" as if the link
    was attached to the text outline, but it isn't. The text buttons are named, so that they export
    as text. The Mouseover is triggered by invisible boxes on top of the text.

Just in case you're wondering: The little extra on the respective Popup-Layers is what I call "stroke cover".
    The idea here is that hovering over another button weakens or completely covers the Underline (Highlight)
    of the currently active button. If there's a better way I'm all ears!
    Attached Files Attached Files

The only visual difference I see is one underscore is black and one is grey. They both behave the same way. And each magically links to a different news site.

Ah, OK, I get it. You have one gray line on top of a black line for EN but the gray line is not present for DE. Not sure what you want to accomplish. I think you are trying to be too subtle. There is a strange hovering effect when the underscore appears that seems unstable and disconcerting (to me).

Hmm, I see this in any Browser I try...

Name:  buttons.gif
Views: 183
Size:  24.4 KB