Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow widgets and popups?

Greetings, I am using WD11P and have several slideshow (Xara widgets) on 2 of my web pages, 1 of which is at: http://www.adelaidevncma.com/gallery2.htm for example. These slideshows are useful and relatively easy to set up in Xara, however, in my case they are really too small - I scaled them down to fit the webpage after inserting each one on the webpage? I'm now wondering if there an easy way to create some kind of popups on the photos in these widgets please, so the photos can be enlarged by anyone viewing the website? Cheers, Roger

Default Re: Slideshow widgets and popups?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware blocked access to your site.

I don't see any reason why that would happen? Our website is regularly accessed by many members (in Australia and elsewhere, without any reported difficulties? Perhaps the issue is at your end? Can you please elaborate? Cheers, Rikko
    (but just in case, I have contacted some of our members in Australia for any information, as we are temporarily in Vietnam for the next 2 months and this country has a very poor record of internet interference at government level)
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 20 September 2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Additional comment

I don't know how to elaborate on this. I just clicked your link and Malwarebyte blocks access to your website with the message "Malicious website blocked".

Thanks for letting me know, I'm working on what may be the problems. It certainly is not caused by my actions, except the latest files were uploaded in Vietnam which has me quite suspicious that it has happened here and also may be a false report? Just one thing, did you try our home page to see if the same response? www.adelaidevncma.com

Same message and no access. Your site may have been hacked.

Site loads here, but it took about two minutes.
    Maybe you can put you slideshow in full size on a pop-up layer and link to it from a thumbnail?
    Something similar was discusses in this thread.

Hi Rikkoshea, I tried your home page site and got the same message from Malwarebytes as Boy.

Ciao

Roly

Hi, thankyou for all your responses and feedback. I don't believe the website is hacked. Despite Malwarebytes reports - I wonder if that might be due to some reaction to slow load times or unusual/unexpected content? All indications from Australian contacts report that it's working fine. However, I think the website is probably too large causing slow loads as Siran mentioned, I will try reducing unnecessary content, also our host server is perhaps slow, as we use a non-profit/free hosting service. In the meantime, and unless there are further ideas, I will do some work on the pop-up layer / thumbnails as suggested, although that may take me a quite a while in my present location. Thanks again

Hi Rik, I suggest you look at your pages on pingdom.com. Pages are taking between 1 to 2 minutes to download! Pingdom indicates that much of the delay is waiting to connect to your server. Remember you have free webspace on Xara's servers if you're using a current version. Upload the site to there and see if the webpage speed rendering is faster.

I have Malwarebytes installed and it shows no issues with your site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host