Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Email- Change MX Records

Hi everyone!

New to the forum so I hope I`m at the right place for this question.

I use WebDesigner 11 Premium and make use of Xara hosting M package.
    This - As far as I know - doesn`t come with an email, so I created an email using zoho.
    However, to allow for incoming emails to arrive I need to change the MX records of the domain?

I looked everywhere but I cannot seem to find it.
    Does anybody know where I can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Default Re: Email- Change MX Records

Welcome to TalkGraphics Michael

I am not sure why you need to change the MX records.

Do you have access to the incoming and outgoing e-mail?

Just enter the e-mail address in the Web Properties > Link > Link to Website or Email box. Press Apply.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Michael

I am not sure why you need to change the MX records.

Do you have access to the incoming and outgoing e-mail?

Just enter the e-mail address in the Web Properties > Link > Link to Website or Email box. Press Apply.
    Right now I only have the outgoing email working.
    Since Xara doesn`t host email by my knowledge I use ZoHo. They say the following:

Once you have verified the domain and created the users, you will be able to send emails from the domain-based accounts. But you will not be able to receive emails in your Zoho Accounts until you configure the MX records for the domain. MX Entries are special records of DNS Servers that designate the recipient email servers for your domain. MX Records are the resource entries in your domain’s DNS, which transmit the email server information to the other DNS Servers on the web, which send emails to your domain.

--------

I wouldn`t know how to get email working in any other way since Xara doesn`t host this?

Check back tomorrow Michael, I will try to get someone from Xara to answer this. But they are all in bed right now.

Check back tomorrow Michael, I will try to get someone from Xara to answer this. But they are all in bed right now.
    Thanks for the assistence! appreciate it!

Xara does not seem to be responding to my requests for help. So I understand, and you probably already said this, you have a custom domain name that you have acquired from with your Xara Hosting M account and you would like to use this domain name to send email? And since Xara Hosting M is both the web host and the domain name registrar (which they probably are not) you need to point the DNS servers to ZoHo which you are using to host your email?

I suspect that Xara are farming out the domain name registration to a third party and if this is indeed the case, the registrar is the one who has to do the redirect.

Try this while we wait from someone from Xara to check in, go to http://geektools.com/whois.php and enter just your domain name and extension (e.g. mydomain.com) and the recaptcha code. This will take you to a page with your domain name registration. See if you can find the domain registrar.

In my attachment you can see the domain name registrar as well as the reseller, NameCheap.com who I registered my domain name through.

This might give you a place to start. And I will try again to get someone from Xara to help out here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	domain.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	114324  

Xara does not seem to be responding to my requests for help. So I understand, and you probably already said this, you have a custom domain name that you have acquired from with your Xara Hosting M account and you would like to use this domain name to send email? And since Xara Hosting M is both the web host and the domain name registrar (which they probably are not) you need to point the DNS servers to ZoHo which you are using to host your email?

I suspect that Xara are farming out the domain name registration to a third party and if this is indeed the case, the registrar is the one who has to do the redirect.

Try this while we wait from someone from Xara to check in, go to http://geektools.com/whois.php and enter just your domain name and extension (e.g. mydomain.com) and the recaptcha code. This will take you to a page with your domain name registration. See if you can find the domain registrar.

In my attachment you can see the domain name registrar as well as the reseller, NameCheap.com who I registered my domain name through.

This might give you a place to start. And I will try again to get someone from Xara to help out here.

Thanks for your reply, indeed that is the case.
    And as you pressumed it is hosted by a third party:

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.antagus.de
    Registrar URL: http://www.vautron.de

I will try to contact them tomorrow if Xara doesn`t get back to me.

However, the strange thing is that if I go to: http://mxtoolbox.com/ which ZoHo recommends for checking MX Records, it states the following for my domain:
    Type Domain Name
    A mx.app.magix-online.com

And Xara and Magix are the same aren`t they?

Unless you know of any other way to get an email address working with my domain.
    e.g. info@ abuse@ webmaster@ etc.

Hi MichaelBurm,

Xara Hosting doesn't offer email hosting at all, be it themselves or forwarding to another email service, sorry about the delay in replying.

Thanks,
    Ben

(Note: A possible workaround would be, to have a second website, for example the .com to your .co.uk, hosted on another provider which does support email hosting e.g. Magix Online, and set up forwarding for people who go onto the Magix Online site to the Xara Hosted one. This means you get full use of the Xara Hosting Package, you catch all the people who would go to .com version of your site, and you get email hosting.)

Michael - Your post with the links was automatically moderated because you are a new member (we do this to prevent spam). I approved your posts and Ben's. Sorry for the confusion.