Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to specify an Adobe Typekit font?

Does anyone happen to know how to specify that a published website should use a Typekit font (and not try to embed the font)?

I've viewed various "generic" instructions, but have found nothing specific to Xara (I use Pro X9). For example: https://designshack.net/articles/typ...-step-by-step/
    (see "Embed Code")

Given that font services are supposed to be the way of the future, I'm surprised I can't find any references. (Is there a better search term for Xara than 'Typekit'?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: How to specify an Adobe Typekit font?

As a point of reference, I'd like to add that I've found that Xara fully supports Google fonts: http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...7/google-fonts

What I'm seeking is a method that provides some measure of support of Typekit fonts. I anticipate that it will likely be an "off-the-menu" capability.

Does anyone happen to know how to specify that a published website should use a Typekit font (and not try to embed the font)?
    Not a big font fanatic Contours but if the font isn't on my machine & you don't embed embed it, other than turning it into an image, how whould you expect it to display correctly? Puzzled.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    how whould you expect it to display correctly?
    From everything I can gather, Typekit fonts are an "alternative universe" of the Google fonts concept. Referenced fonts are downloaded from a font server at the time a web page is viewed. Here's an overview from the server perspective: http://www.creativebloq.com/creative...pekit-11135187

But since I'm not familiar with all the font and server terminology, I was hoping someone has blazed the trail with respect to Xara.

Thank you for the external link that added 341 external Cookies to my laptop. It broke the desk!

After all the slow downloads and adverts, I learned nothing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    external link that added 341 external Cookies
    Interesting. Certainly nothing I intended.

Do you run an ad blocker? I ask because I only received one cookie from that site. And I only see one ad (located to the right of the content) on that Typekit page.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Thank you for the external link that added 341 external Cookies to my laptop.
    Acorn, can I ask you what software you are using for monitoring cookies and such?