Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another modeller

Accidentally stumbled on this: https://rocket3f.com/

Seems pretty decent polygonal subdivision modeller with clean interface and good modelling tools.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocket3f.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	114308
    After quick test, there are many things I like.

Is on beta stage, so not perfect but worth downloading and testing for those interested of 3d modelling as is free.

Default Re: Another modeller

Thanks, it has subtract as well. I think I will be downloading this one.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Yes, I probably will too

Although there is some confusion on the pricing ... "Have no money to buy expensive software? Forget about this, Rocket 3F is completely free!" would logically mean it's FREE, but the "COMING SOON" pricing sections at the bottom of the page would appear to say something else.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Free subscription should have everything working and from looking at the forums on their page, paid subscription only removes icon with "free" text from the UI and will have more in-program help and documentation available.

At least beta seems to give pretty good pop-up help when keeping mouse on top of icons and as some functions also do different things with different mouse buttons or drag direction, those are actually worth reading. Alt+mouse buttons will get started with the program as those manipulate view. (zoom/pan/rotate)

Name:	R3Fvase.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	114313
    Quick vase made from lathed spline curve. Gave thickness with "shell" tool and handle was made with extrude/bridge tools, also some creases were made sharp with crease tool.

Fwiw...this is not actually not a new modeller but a new interface and collection of presets for an existing modeller called Nvil.

Long time I looking for a simple program for organic modeling. Many times, I starting to learn Blender, Maya, 3DMax. But patience enough only for 3 days.
    Finally I found Silo 3D.
    Only necessary tools(subdivision modelling, retopology, sculpting, UV mapping). Ease to learn.
    The program is paid, but worth the money and a lot of saved time.

Name:	silo_ui.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	114320

Basic modelling with this is pretty similar to Silo.

There is no tool for creating invidual faces (At least have not found one.), so mixing polygon by polygon modelling with box modelling seems not to be possible.

Name:	vaseR3F.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	114325
    Did some more testing and was easy enough to duplicate handle, move and then weld it on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by theinonen View Post
    ...Did some more testing and was easy enough to duplicate handle, move and then weld it on the other side.
    It may be easy for you, but I found this one of the most confusing, unintuitive programmes that I've ever seen. It's going to take me months to understand how to do even the simplest tasks. So I'm going to try and dive into the HELP and MANUAL (if there is one)!
    Wish me luck ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    It may be easy for you, but I found this one of the most confusing, unintuitive programmes that I've ever seen. It's going to take me months to understand how to do even the simplest tasks. So I'm going to try and dive into the HELP and MANUAL (if there is one)!
    Wish me luck ...
    Hi Keith, have you seen this tutorial to start with? https://rocket3f.com/tutorials

Ciao

Roly

I personally found the user interface very clean and mostly easy to work with. Selecting loops and rings is especially neat and fast.

Name:	SimpleScene.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	114327
    More testing, subdivision disabled. (Right click on materials to give more material options.)

Name:	objImport.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	114329
    Objects exported in OBJ format import fine into other software for rendering.

Name:	SimpleScenRen.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	114334
    and the finished testrender
    Last edited by theinonen; 21 September 2016 at 09:33 AM.