Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background image

Hi There,

Image Size: W 1920 pixels H 1200 pixels
    I have set an image as a pasteboard image because I would like it to cover the whole of the screen when viewed in a browser.
    My issue is that when I open the page in a browser it seems to zoom right in and the beauty of the image is lost.
    Is there a way to set the image to show at a certain size so it's sort of scaled down to the size of the browser screen?

I have tried cropping the image to different sizes but it still zooms in. I can only crop so much or it will defeat the object.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Background image

Same comment as last thread ...

The issue then becomes, how big is big enough ... If you use a 1920 x 1200 monitor a 1920 x 1200 image will be fine ON YOUR MONITOR, but what about anyone using bigger monitors and larger resolutions (there any number of monitors available now that have a 3840 x 2160 resolution), and if you get that covered, what about the ones that may be available tomorrow ... Do you post a 20MB image and hope your site visitors have a good broadband connection?

The beauty of your image will only be beautiful at the resolution you view it, not everyone else.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.