Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KamenPPavlov View Post
    I am facing the same issue @Younique
    I would like to see this beautiful feature back in Xara, since downloading/importing all pictures just takes longer, when you could just have copy/pasted the image, as we were supposed to do before.
    Please guys, can someone bring this to the developers or I should raise a case for enhancement for such requests?
    Can you be very specific here and describe the editor program used, the colour profile (RGB, CMYK) of the PNG and what does import properly?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Can you supply a url of a png that shows this problem?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Let me show an example.

Example Image from Google (Doge )

1) Right-Click the image from Google and select "Copy image"
    2) Paste in Xara directly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARuxLuS.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	115213

1) Right-Click the image from Google and select "Save image as"
    2) Import in Xara from "Insert > Image > From file"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jS6wA9d.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	115214

When imported, the background of PNGs is not taken in place, but when you copy/paste directly (without import) it is there.
    This wasn't like this in Xara Web Designer 9/10 and I am disappointed, that is missing here

If this is a bug, you can start a thread in the "Dear Xara..." forum. This will increase the likelihood of Xara devs noticing it.

Thanks for the link Kamen. Whether I Copy & Paste or Save & Import it comes in with transparent background, no Blask fill.

Let's see if others are having issues or not.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well, I can confirm that it works as expected in Xara Web Designer 10 Premium but not in the 365 variants.

I used http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../0/05/Doge.png in the File > Import from web address option and it works as expected in all versions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Further, I've found Copy & Paste from Firfox pastes as expected. However Copy & Pasting from Chrome & Edge has the Black background.

What browser are you using Acorn?
    Egg

Looking at the two images Copy & Pasted, for some reason the one copied from Chrome is imported as a jpg ??? NOTE: I didn't change the inage sizes or optomised.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpha.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	115215  
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Further, I've found Copy & Paste from Firfox pastes as expected. However Copy & Pasting from Chrome & Edge has the Black background.
    What browser are you using Acorn?
    Chrome, but I get different results with different Xara versions so I'm not thinking it's the browser.
    Acorn

Yes, copying from Chrome & Pasting in XDPX10 retains the transparency.
    Egg