Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorey View Post
    gwpriester - Hello, I promised to get back to you with a report on outcome -
    I did resolve using your suggestions AND ... importantly ..... discovering that the PNG file I was using with transparency, while it worked in some other applications and programs, I discover was in CYMK and NOT - RGB color. Once I switch it in Photoshop to RGB, it opened fine in Xara Web Design Premium with transparency. (It did NOT show transparency with CYMK).
    Thanks!
    Jeff
    Jeff, many thanks for advising. It is good to know. So xara needs to improve its import filter to include CMYK PNGs with transparency.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have the same problem with Xara Designer Pro 365. When I copy an image from Chrome (or any other program for that matter) and paste it into Xara - I get a black background with pngs that should otherwise be transparent. The only way around this is to save the image to my computer AND THEN drag the image into the Xara document.

This is not something any previous version of Xara did and I've been using it since 5. Super annoying as it I use this program professionally and it slows the process down when I can't just directly copy and paste. I have to do it daily and often.

I am facing the same issue @Younique
    I would like to see this beautiful feature back in Xara, since downloading/importing all pictures just takes longer, when you could just have copy/pasted the image, as we were supposed to do before.

Please guys, can someone bring this to the developers or I should raise a case for enhancement for such requests?