Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

I had this problem, and I not sure I saw anything mentioning this in this thread, but the answer for me was simply changing the imported png BACK to png after I imported it into Xara and it was automatically changed to jpg. Now I have the desired 'see though' effect, even on top of slideshows.

Default Re: Having Troubling Placing Transparent PNG Logo file in Xara Web Designer Pro

Hey guys,

Thanks for looking into this.
    Do we need separate thread or we can continue the discussion in the current one?

I've tried to copy different images with few browsers, but the outcome was the same.
    Maybe the fix from Development Side is simple, but I am not sure how to report this, or you knowing about this will be enought?

I'm sure a lot of people will be glad to have this back in 365

Quote Originally Posted by andymack View Post
    I had this problem, and I not sure I saw anything mentioning this in this thread, but the answer for me was simply changing the imported png BACK to png after I imported it into Xara and it was automatically changed to jpg. Now I have the desired 'see though' effect, even on top of slideshows.
    Andy, could you describe your steps?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

After importing a png or gif, (or anything by the look of things) it looks like Xara decides what image type is 'best for the web'. This has happened so many times in the past, where I end up with a black or white rectangular box behind the image. Most noticeable when used on top of a slideshow or when animated.
    So, after I import the image, I right mouse on it and select 'Web Properties', then click the 'Image' tab, then choose Web image type PNG. This always cures the problem for me.
    If you look at my latest website here, http://mojitosmexicangrill.com/ you can see a logo on top of a Xara slideshow, which the logo itself is animated and leaves no artifacts around it. I have used this logo all over this website like this.

I don't think that's the issue here Andy. I've seen Xara convert a png to a jpg on publish, but this is an 'paste' issue. The paste route appears to strip the transparency out and even adjusting it via your method still leaves a black background.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've looked around the web quite a bit re 'Copy-Paste doesn't maintain transparency' and it appears to be quite a wide spread issue. Photoshop also has this issue.

It seems a toss-up between the OS stripping out the transparency &/or the program issue it's being pasted to. I've selected a transparent png, link below.

If I copy it from Firefox & paste it into XDPX365, Inkscape & Word it pastes with transparency intact.

If I copy it from Chrome & paste it into XDPX365, Inkscape it pastes with a black background. In Word it pastes with transparency intact.

I don't have photoshop but there's a Chrome plug-in to stop the black background issue. However this may only be copying the url.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I tried to search for such Chrome Extension or Plug-In, but failed to locate one.
    I've tried using Mozilla and still facing thesame behavior

Do you guys think, that this is going to be fixed by Xara Development Team?
    I mean, it was working on the earlier versions ..

I tried to search for such Chrome Extension or Plug-In, but failed to locate one.
    I've tried using Mozilla and still facing thesame behavior

Do you guys think, that this is going to be fixed by Xara Development Team?
    I mean, it was working on the earlier versions ..