Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pixel-ation

Default pixel-ation

So I want to resize some stock photos that my company has so I can use them on the new website that I'm building. When I press shift and then drag the corner of the pic, it get bigger but it also heavily pix-elates. Is there any way to resize the pics in Xara and maintain the integrity of the pic?

Default Re: pixel-ation

A Xara application won't do this for you.
    Post a sample image for the heck of it or tell us its current dimensions and what you're hoping to reach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That's just the nature of the beast. If you can't get higher resolution images your might try

SmillaEnlarger or http://reshade.com/

I have no experience with either of the programs so don't know if they will work for you but they may be worth a try,
    Maybe some one else in this forum may know how and if they work.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by wizard509; 07 September 2016 at 10:11 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I could run them through Photozoom for you. But the end result might still not be to your liking.

Wondering why those stock photos would be of such low quality to begin with.

Reshade mentioned by wizard might do the trick as well... Plus it's free. Hard to beat!

Alright ladies and gents, I'm back and I need your help. Now that I've gotten all the pics that were used before I'm wondering how he used them. This is the website that he used them on.

http://carecolumbus.com/

The original size of all these pics are seriously small though (image files at bottom), or at least that's how they look to me. I want work with them in designer because I'm building a website but this can't be the size that the old designer used. If you have any suggestions on what I'm missing or what I can do I would greatly appreciate them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	callout-helpingManDownStairs1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	114248Name:  caretaker-and-patient.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  2.9 KBName:  women-reading.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  2.8 KB

The pictures in the slide show are 830 x 450 pixels, is that what you are getting? Photo zoom could enlarge these fairly well. What size do you want ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caretaker-and-patient.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	114251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caretaker-and-patient cropped.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	114252  

Right click on each image in the site and use Google's Search G.. for image or TinEye.
    One result is http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...mage/114419425.
    Another is https://www.tineye.com/search/f4c26f...075d04b2f8d92/ using TinEye.
    As these seem to be royalty free images, they would have been purchased by your company so you'll have a licence for them.
    Either pay for the higher resolution versions or search for similar on Pixabay. Pixabay offers 1920x1280 px for free.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK, that's a pretty good size right? So when I open them up in Design pro at 100% why does it look so small? Somewhere in the new site I'm going use one of these pics for a background. I can't play with it in Design pro as a background. By the way, I'm using one of the popular templates for this site because My boss liked that template. It's the applab template. This is what I'm getting in Designer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	114254

Try importing the picture into your document, the size when I imported read 5.27in wide x 2.87in height at 100%. In your example the image is 0.76in w x 0.63in H.

Something to check, under the Utilities menu, Optimize photo, settings, set it to 100%. My optimize setting was set at 85%, thus the image was reduded in size.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 13 September 2016 at 09:11 PM.

Aw man, you guys are the greatest. Imported them in and bam, the "Size is Right." D'oh!