Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Tables!

Default Tables!

I know no-one uses tables any more, but I find them very convenient, especially to display photos. It seems they are not a feature of Xara, unless I'm missing something. I'd be grateful for any suggestions about how to create a similar effect using the tools we have. Maybe I need to know how to use and edit a 'smart photo grid'.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Tables!

Quote Originally Posted by brocsman View Post
    I know no-one uses tables any more, but I find them very convenient, especially to display photos. It seems they are not a feature of Xara, unless I'm missing something. I'd be grateful for any suggestions about how to create a similar effect using the tools we have. Maybe I need to know how to use and edit a 'smart photo grid'.
    Thanks in advance.
    People do use table, when it requires tabular information.There is still a table widget.
    Yes, you probably should learn something about the smart photogrid as you can set up a table of photos in almost any configuration.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think I'm going round in circles. I'm back on the same subject but with a different reason. I want to insert a simple table into a page, 8 columns with 4 rows, cells containing links numbered from 1 to 32. The table widget seems only to allow a static data display, unless I'm missing something. Not photos this time, numbered links to a series of documents.

Quote Originally Posted by brocsman View Post
    I think I'm going round in circles. I'm back on the same subject but with a different reason. I want to insert a simple table into a page, 8 columns with 4 rows, cells containing links numbered from 1 to 32. The table widget seems only to allow a static data display, unless I'm missing something. Not photos this time, numbered links to a series of documents.
    To may links work in the Xara Table widget, you have to use HTML.

In a cell, you would put <a href="linkUrl">2</a> for the number 2 with a link going to an address, linkUrl.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or you could use Acorns 'push' table he posted in another thread recently.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks both. Will give it a try. Can you style a table without writing HTML?

Smart Photo Grids are really cool. You can also layout your images in columns and rows, the soft group them together like in the Static Photo Groups. This way you keep you pop-ups and mouse over actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphissste View Post
    Smart Photo Grids are really cool. You can also layout your images in columns and rows, the soft group them together like in the Static Photo Groups. This way you keep you pop-ups and mouse over actions.
    Thanks, but I'm just looking for a way to store some numbered links. No images involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Or you could use Acorns 'push' table he posted in another thread recently.
    I've been trying to sort out another problem, so hadn't followed this link until just now, and that looks grerat, but how do I format it? As a recent Xara user I still don't know my way around properly. Is there a way to view and edit html without dumping the file? And if I do, can I import it again to work in Xara?

Thanks all.

Les

Oops! Penny's beginning to drop!