Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default gallery troubles

Hi, I am trying to drag and drop photos to my gallery page and nothing happens. I have Web Design Premium and am using Quadrocento template. I get limited response from the gallery widget on the gallery page ( I can get one horizontal row of images, but I have been trying everything I can think of to drop a photo on it, nothing seems to work. The imported photo lays on top of the images on the page but will not replace any of them. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks Frank PS I just bought the Xara web builder premium.http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/whathe.gif

Default Re: gallery troubles

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have moved this post to the Xara Web Design Chat forum. Check back soon to see if someone has an answer to your question.

Might it be the Quattrocento template?

The Gallery page uses a Widget.
    You add your images by clicking the widget and selecting edit.

You get more rows by extending the height of the widget (you can do this before editing).
    If you leave it at the default size and 4 images, i think you eventually will get a small navbar as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks I Get it. A whole new problem has occured. Started getting error messages all over. Everthing stopped working and crashing. Then I lost all my work. Next my computer crashed for the first time ever. So bad that I had to reinstall OS. Lost so many valuable things in my compute. I think Xara cost me more than imagined possible..Going over to Xsite I think. Not a big fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by froger View Post
    Thanks I Get it. A whole new problem has occured. Started getting error messages all over. Everthing stopped working and crashing. Then I lost all my work. Next my computer crashed for the first time ever. So bad that I had to reinstall OS. Lost so many valuable things in my compute. I think Xara cost me more than imagined possible..Going over to Xsite I think. Not a big fan here.
    "Know when to cut and run"

I think Xara cost me more than imagined possible
    it's far more likely that there was/is an underlying problem in your computer, that just happened to manifest itself when you were using the program - eg hardware issues; unsuitable use of registry cleaners and the like; cluncky free AV [ie most of the freebies]; old or badly maintained OS....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you reloaded your Xara application again and you got the same faults then I could see you might get to this conclusion.
    I would invest time in checking the hard drive as a priority.
    You also need a solid backup and recovery strategy for your valuable things.

Best wishes,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat