Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anchors not linking to same spot on the page when clicked from other pages

Hi

When on a particular page say Page 1 that has anchors and I use the menu to link to the anchor the anchor works fine and takes me to the correct spot on Page 1. When on another page and I visit an anchor on Page 1 it does not take me to the right spot, it takes me to Page 1 that has anchors but not to the correct spot.

I have a a few sticky items at the top of the page and wondered if this was what was affecting the anchors as it appears when clicked from another page that the anchored graphic is going behind the sticky items? Anyone any ideas where I may be going wrong?

The sticky items I have at the top of the page are just sticky items not stick at the top as when I use stick at the top the content below goes over the top of it and not underneath it, I though I would point this out just in case this is part of the issue.

I'm using a new version of WD Premium if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

D
    Last edited by DAZZLER1607; 06 September 2016 at 06:34 AM.

Default Re: Anchors not linking to same spot on the page when clicked from other pages

I can't replicate that D. Can you supply a xar/web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Anchors not linking to same spot on the page when clicked from other pages

I'm having the exact same problem with my anchors.

a1nursing.xar

Hi Iggy, can you get more specific, on what page and what item has an anchor that does not work,

Ciao

Roly

Iggy, on your index page you have two buttons 'Apply Here' and 'Contact Us'. These are linked to anchors employeecontactform and clientcontactform respectively. However there are no named objects with those names, so obviously they do nothing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I've checked my Contact Us buttons and they are all linked to an anchor called "clientform". The name is attributed the the form on the contact page. They still are not going directly to the anchor. They go to the page but not to the anchor. I've checked all of the anchors and made sure to get rid of the "clientcontactform" anchors and the employeecontactform. I still haven't figured out why Contact Us buttons go to the page but not directly to the object with the anchor name "clientform".

Repost your amended xar/web file Iggy, I'll have a look.
    Egg

Roger that.

a1nursing.xar

The anchors are indeed working, however you are loading two more pages into the contact page via placeholders, the form and the Google map. The page loads to the correct anchor but the page continues loading and then jumps to the new loaded parts of the page, namely the Google map that's at the top of the page well above the anchor.

I attach an amended xar file. Preview it (in several different browsers). Note when you click the Link to Anchor button, by watching the top left corner you see the anchor loaded correctly then the page jumps as the placeholder pages are loaded. IE & Edge seem to work correctly but FF, Chrome & Opera jump away from the anchor.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Thanks Egg for the amended file and the explanation. So is there anyway to fix this? And what's the use of Xara's anchors if this is how they operate? I understand the placeholder problem but wouldn't be something of bug seeing as a lot of websites need to be able to jump to forms or contact pages with maps or something?