Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Variant Is Tripling H Tags on Site

Hello

I notice when I run a report on a site that the H1 tags are being tripled, I am thinking because I have 3 variants.

Do I need tags in the other variants, do tablet and mobile sites need SEO tags?

Does this also mean that content would be tripled? Isn't that bad for SEO?

Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Default Re: Variant Is Tripling H Tags on Site

I'd recommend steering clear of more than two variants, other members have had issues with three or more.

I notice when I run a report on a site
    What are you using to run this report?

As far as I'm aware Titles & Descriptions etc are common to all variants.

Does this also mean that content would be tripled? Isn't that bad for SEO?
    Image files etc would be tripled unless you use named images but there's issues with this course as well. I don't think it's bad for SE's. Google quite happily reports on Xara mobile variants.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Variant Is Tripling H Tags on Site

Thanks Egg

I have the following variants:

960 - Desktop
    780 - Tablet
    480 - Mobile
    320 - Mobile

I use Powersuite to run a SEO report and it noticed 4 H1 tags and 4 H2 tags of the same and a number of repeats, so content is being repeated. I thought Google does not like duplicate content.

I have discontinued the H1 and H2 tags on the other variants and this was welcomes by the SEO software but do not know if needed for mobile rankings as I believe Google is now doing this now.

Thanks again