Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Middle variant keeps centering text

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

I have a website with three variants... 960px, 640px, and 480px... Don't ask why!

The middle variant constantly changes all text blocks to CENTERED whenever I edit content in text in the other variants. Everything is the same but the 640px variant keeps having all the text in it (sometimes not all) move from LEFT justified to CENTERED.

I was not able to find anything here on the forum about this and cannot find a default setting that might be making this happen.

Help appreciated!

Thank you.

Default Re: Middle variant keeps centering text

Hi VectorSpace. Others have had issues when creating three or more variants, it appears as a known issue so firstly I'd just stick to two.

That said, it may well be that middle variant has Normal Text set to centered, in which case there might be a plus symbol after Normal Text style or perhaps you've inadvertantly set Update Normal Text for this Variant. Without seeing your xar/web file it wouldn't be easy to say.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I had three variants on the one site simply to gain experience with more than two. All the others have just two variants.

I experimented a bit with the definition of Normal Text in the middle variant and removed anything having to do with CENTERED. That may have fixed it! I have not quite fully understood inheritance of text styles in Web Designer Premium and across variants.

Thanks again.

I am having a similar problem but I only have 2 variants - 960 & 480.
    When I edit text in the 960 variant, the text changes show up in the 480 but all text is centered.
    When I edit text in the 480 variant the text changes migrate without affecting justification.
    Any suggestions?

I should also say that both variants share the same text style but I updated the style in each variant to reflect different font sizes. And that all works.

Welcome to Talk Graphics Brian.

Could you attach your web/xar file, I think this is the only way we'll be able to pin this down.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My .web file is 30MB . Is that what you want?

30 Mb is to large as an attachment on TG. Can you save it to Google Drive or Dropbox and supply a link?
    Egg

I solved my problem.
    The text style I created is based on normal text. When I examined normal text properties, it was left justified in the 960 variant & center justified in 480. I can't remember changing this but I'm new to this software & may have done so inadvertently. I changed the 480 to left justified & all is good now.
    Thanks for responding.

Glad you sorted it Brian.
    When I examined normal text properties, it was left justified in the 960 variant & center justified in 480.
    At some point you must have selected "Update Normal Text in this Variant".
    Egg